I'm in the market for a new distortion pedal, I was looking at the ZVex Box of Rock, because it also has the boost built in. The BoR is at the top of my budget so like $200. Also I'm using a ValveKing 112 if that makes a difference. Any suggestions or opinions on the Box of Rock? Thanks.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
bump
Why the hell did you bump your thread...

AFTER AN HOUR!?

You obviously have never read the rules or you would know that you're not allowed to bump your threads.

Reported

That aside, no one can answer your question until we know what tone you're looking for.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Why the hell did you bump your thread...

AFTER AN HOUR!?

You obviously have never read the rules or you would know that you're not allowed to bump your threads.

Reported

That aside, no one can answer your question until we know what tone you're looking for.

Well it was the second page which no one checks, and there's no rule against bumping your own threads.

Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
We need to know what type of tone you want.

I'm guessing some sort of rock genre?

Yeah, mostly classic rock and some modern rock, like Foo Fighters and Muse, nothing too high gain.
Keeley modded DS-1.
DS-1 with one of the Monte-Allums mods.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by mattman93
Well it was the second page which no one checks, and there's no rule against bumping your own threads.

Yeah, mostly classic rock and some modern rock, like Foo Fighters and Muse, nothing too high gain.
I'd look into:

Radial Tonebone Hot British
Tech 21 Sansamp GT-2

Or maybe a Keeley modded Boss DS-1?
Quote by The Rules
Bumping: Do not bump your threads. This means don't post in your own thread in order to bump it to the top of the forum list. Also, don't bump dead threads from a year ago.
Right, no rule against bumping it.
Quote by mattman93

Yes, people do go back and read other pages and post in threads.

And there's no rule, eh?? I think you might wanna read this page:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33&announcementid=150

This is what it says about bumping:

Bumping: Do not bump your threads. This means don't post in your own thread in order to bump it to the top of the forum list. Also, don't bump dead threads from a year ago.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Nov 22, 2009,
For $200 you'd be better off getting an EQ pedal (MXR M-108) and a new speaker, or a new speaker and transformer for the Valveking.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Yes, people do go back and read other pages and post in threads.

And there's no rule, eh?? I think you might wanna read this page:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33&announcementid=150

This is what it says about bumping:

Ok I"ve only read The Pit rules which only says no pointless bumping I just assumed they would be the same from forum to forum so, sorry I was wrong.

EDIT:
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I'd look into:

Radial Tonebone Hot British
Tech 21 Sansamp GT-2

Or maybe a Keeley modded Boss DS-1?

I listened to clips of all three I really like the Hot British's sound.
Last edited by mattman93 at Nov 22, 2009,
Check out the MI Audio Tube Zone. I like mine a lot. It's pretty versatile and sounds nice through the clean channel of the VK- I have a 112, too. Although Raijouta definitely makes a good point- it's well worth swapping the speaker and looking into an EQ, as well as playing with the tubes in the VK (these make a big difference, and are relatively inexpensive). I'm just not a big fan of the lead channel and I like having a lot of options.

Also, how DARE you not comb through the rules in their entirety before posting. People like you are no doubt why the holocaust happened. Bumping your own thread- disgraceful.

(The funny thing is no one bothered to reply with help until someone yelled at you for violating the rules. The joys of corresponding on the internet!)