This has been eating me up for many years and I have always wondered what was the real reason why Chris was fired from Cannibal Corpses?

From statements like what "We have no plans to do anything with Chris Barnes ever again. It's not something any of us are interested in doing." sounds like something really bad went down between them. I know they say it's because of personal differences but I really want to know what these "differences" were?

Yes, I know this is a old topic.
Apparently Chris was pretty difficult to work with and they had 'creative differences'
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Chris Barnes had loads of underlying reasons...One being, he wanted to create a band worse than CC, with in your face political views, and he wanted to smoke more weed.
Chris wanted to get dreads so they kicked him out.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
yes.
I mean really, does this look like Cannibal Corpse material?

Quote by InvaderTSN
I certainly wouldn't want anybody with dreadlocks in my band.

unless it's Youri Raymond of course

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Nov 22, 2009,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyo5ploYBcY

That is all.

edit: note the especially bad pseudo-clean vocals.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by romencer17
unless it's Youri Raymond of course

I never noticed his dreads until you mentioned them, strangely enough.

Quote by Monolith295
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyo5ploYBcY

That is all.

edit: note the especially bad pseudo-clean vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92F7epXO9R0&feature=PlayList&p=ED84436AE7C3053D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=40

1:03.

*cringe*
Last edited by InvaderTSN at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by InvaderTSN
I never noticed his dreads until you mentioned them, strangely enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eGw57_fv5E
just check out how badass it is when he headbangs!

also my god, that Six Feet Under song is horrible. I wonder how Barnes can sleep at night after doing that shit

Sumdeus
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
SUICIDE, OR WAS IT...MURDER?

What is he, narrating a fucking crime-mystery book?

Those squeals should die, just like Six Feet Under.

Me and Mr. Kipling went over how bad he was ages ago
I just pretend Chris Barnes died, and that's why CC got a new vocalist.

Sumdeus
Quote by severed-metal

Have you ever seen the Malcolm in the Middle episode where the dinner-theatre group gets hired at the ranch? That made me think of it.

And yes, that's the official video for the song.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
i'm not going to lie. i love SFU's riffs, but Barnes, oh god.....
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
And you can't forget the "Graveyard Classics" cds. Soooooooo terrible.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
on the centuries of torment dvd they say that it was down to chris wanting to do different things to the rest of the band, already having work with SFU and they parted on mutual terms. from footage i've seen there doesn't appear to be too much tension of bad history.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

I don't degrade people when they listen to this stuff, but I still think it's awful...Let people listen to it, but god damn.
so bad...

And how the **** do people headbang off time? Chris Barnes was doing that in some live videos and there's this dude at alll the metal shows here who can't headbang to the beat to save his life. I've tried for lolz, but my rhythm (sp? I always get that word wrong) is just too damn good.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX

I cant get past the "scary" face he made at the beginning.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Chris wanted to make music that had more groove, while the rest of CC wanted to make more technical, fast stuff. Chris couldn't do the vocals like they wanted, so he left the band. Not really any bad feelings from what I've heard. There are supposedly some demos of some of the songs from Vile with Chris singing, and they're apparently pretty bad, but I've never heard them.
Quote by severed-metal

Those squeals should die, just like Six Feet Under.

Me and Mr. Kipling went over how bad he was ages ago

Good times!
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Sorry, but how is Six Feet Under one of the best-selling (loosely) death metal bands. Just how. People actually like this shit?
I was under the impression that Chris Barnes was more interested in smoking weed and touring with SFU, rather than putting some real effort into CC like he used to do back in the old days. And that was the reason why they fired him.
Quote by webbtje
Sorry, but how is Six Feet Under one of the best-selling (loosely) death metal bands. Just how. People actually like this shit?

One of the great mysteries of the world. It will probably never be answered, much like the question of who built Stonehenge, and why?

Edit: How in the name of satans aunt have they sold more than those bands?
CANNIBAL CORPSE: 558,929
DEICIDE: 481,131
MORBID ANGEL: 445,147
SIX FEET UNDER: 370,660
OBITUARY: 368,616
DEATH: 368,184
NAPALM DEATH: 367,654
CARCASS: 220,734
ENTOMBED: 198,764
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Guitarmike123

Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by webbtje

People will listen to anything if it's marketed correctly. However, that still doesn't really explain SFU...
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Because CC wanted to go faster musically & Chris wasn't capable and / or wanted a different direction. Same with Rusay he couldn't keep up with the progression & was struggling. If anyone has a different opinion to this then obviously they were lying on the Centuries of Torment DVD.

Quote by Guitarmike123

How ghey they're all better than SFU.
Last edited by Cannibal Corpse at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Monolith295
People will listen to anything if it's marketed correctly. However, that still doesn't really explain SFU...

That's what I mean. They're barely marketed at all.
Maybe a bunch of CC fans wanted to hear Barnes new band and went out and bought their cd?
Downloading FTW.

Hell, even 30 second itunes samples would give you enough of an idea of how bad it is.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by Guitarmike123
One of the great mysteries of the world. It will probably never be answered, much like the question of who built Stonehenge, and why?

I've never used this before but I have trouble believing I'll find a more appropriate place:

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.