ok ok

i just played the 09 Ibanez MTM1 (Mick Thompson model) and im digging the blackouts!

For my build i was thinking of going passive Dimarzio's but i really liked the blackouts i played and i think i'll go with that instead. BUT there is the EMG X's and they have the solder-less installation(which i like),my buddy also gave me his EMG Afterburner from his old project guitar and i think i could use it to boost the EMG X

so which should i go for?? (i will be saving for it)

Other Questions:
1) when doing the 18 volt mod, can i use 2 9v batteries to power all 3 (the buckers and the Afterburner) of them?

2) can i coil tap the EMG X or the Blackouts?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I have 81/60 EMG's in my ESP and the 60 is a super nice tone. It's not as harsh as the 85 or 81. its a fuller deeper sound and sounds awesome in the middle posistion with the 81.
I don't think they are solderless, it has quick connect cables if thats what you mean.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
I don't think they are solderless, it has quick connect cables if thats what you mean.

Quick connect cables are solderless.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Why don't you run a passive-active setup?

Put the Blackout + Afterburner in the bridge, and run the Dimarzio in the neck?

A lot of people have done it with great results. Just something to consider.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Why don't you run a passive-active setup?

Put the Blackout + Afterburner in the bridge, and run the Dimarzio in the neck?

A lot of people have done it with great results. Just something to consider.

but those would be a bitch to install..... and if i go with the blackouts should i get the Metal version of the bridge pup?? since im only playing metal i think that would help me
feel free to add me
Well yeah

Yeah, it would be a bitch, but it could sound awesome. It's definitely something to consider.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Nov 22, 2009,
How's your EMG Afterburner going to work with the EMG X 'cos last time I checked the afterburners require a bit of soldering while the X practically gets away without soldering a bit at all. And I looked into it for research for a project guitar of mine and unless they've changed the way the Afterburner is hooked up then I think you might run into a few wiring troubles. So you may want to investigate that a bit further.
oh, the afterburner that i got doesnt have those solderless cables...... so im safe with the Blackouts?
feel free to add me
well...u could buy just the solderless setup and get a blackout with the quick-connect hook up. the solderless setup will also let u solder anything u need as well, meaning, ur after burner. im pretty sure even with the quick connect setup, toggle switches need to be soldered (someone correct me on this?).

if u really like the blackout mick model, get that in the bridge, 85/60 in the neck, and throw in the after burner for od or solo boost.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
oh, the afterburner that i got doesnt have those solderless cables...... so im safe with the Blackouts?

Blackouts + Afterburner? You should be able to get away with I guess you could also do it with the EMG's new solder-less design but imo it just seems to be a bit more hassle.
Sorry dude... won't be able to help you for this one.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Blackouts + Afterburner? You should be able to get away with I guess you could also do it with the EMG's new solder-less design but imo it just seems to be a bit more hassle.

k thanks
feel free to add me