Are there any bands like Carnifex, WhiteChapel, Suicide Silence who have Lead vocalists that play guitar?

I know there are bands like Necrophagist but im looking for new age deathcore and stuff like that.
Nah man, not many grindcore bands liike whitechapel have guitarist frontmen. They're too busy bringing the mosh.
You probably can't read.

All of the above bands have vocalists who do nothing but vocals. Are there any similar bands that have a vocalist that plays guitar?

(Directed at the 2nd post)

Techni this was directed at DudE132
Last edited by Krenfro213 at Nov 22, 2009,
and I said no, there are not. Because the vocalists can't be bothered to play instruments while they're bring br00tal. Especially grindcore bands like whitechapel that are grindcore.
No. It's too hard to chugchugsweepsweep and pigsquealgreeeeeegree at the same time.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by technicolour
and I said no, there are not. Because the vocalists can't be bothered to play instruments while they're bring br00tal. Especially grindcore bands like whitechapel that are grindcore.

Whitechapel is not even close to grindcore. Actually, not a single band mentioned in this thread is grindcore, but you are right about bringing the br00talz.
Plenty of Deathgrind bands have vocalists that play instruments.

Mortician, Brodequin and Atrocious Abnormality off the top of my head.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Nov 22, 2009,
Guys guys, stop giving him real grindcore bands.

C'mon, he obviously just uses the term grindcore cause it's cool, you think he will actually enjoy any Napalm Death or Terrorizer?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by DudE132
Whitechapel is not even close to grindcore. Actually, not a single band mentioned in this thread is grindcore, but you are right about bringing the br00talz.

wow man, wow.

You don't even know what real grindcore is. It was coined by Beneath the massacre because of their crazy lack of song structure and lack of musicianship, and then bands like suicide silence and born of osiris added to it.
Last edited by technicolour at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by technicolour

wow man, wow.

You don't even know what real grindcore is.

Are you really that ******* stupid?!?! Whitechapel are 100% DEATHCORE. Your stupidity is shocking.
Quote by technicolour

wow man, wow.

You don't even know what real grindcore is. It was coined by Beneath the massacre because of their crazy lack of song structure and lack of musicianship, and then bands like suicide silence and born of osiris added to it.

Quote by technicolour

Yeah man, all those old bands like Napalm Death just started calling themselves grindcore after Beneath The Massacre coined the term so that they could actually sell music for once!

Sumdeus
Quote by DudE132
Are you really that ******* stupid?!?! Whitechapel are 100% DEATHCORE. Your stupidity is shocking.

Yeah, but deathcore and grindcore mean THE EXACT SAME THING, that's why they're used interchangebly in the thread title.
This thread is great for the lulz.

But seriously, death/grind with axe-wielding frontmen: look no further than Dying Fetus.
Quote by romencer17
Yeah man, all those old bands like Napalm Death just started calling themselves grindcore after Beneath The Massacre coined the term so that they could actually sell music for once!

WTF is going on? When has beneath the massacre ever been grindcore?
Quote by DudE132
WTF is going on? When has beneath the massacre ever been grindcore?

What the fuck is going on? I'll tell you!!

You have entered the twilight zone...

Sumdeus
Quote by technicolour
Yeah, but deathcore and grindcore mean THE EXACT SAME THING, that's why they're used interchangebly in the thread title.

You are an idiot. They are 2 different genres with some minor similarities.
Dude they both have "core" in the names. What more do you need to show you that it's the same exact genre?

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
Dude they both have "core" in the names. What more do you need to show you that it's the same exact genre?

My bad daWg. How could I have been so stupid?!?!
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Plenty of Deathgrind bands have vocalists that play instruments.

Mortician, Brodequin and Atrocious Abnormality off the top of my head.

This man knows his stuff.

But in the grind category: Repulsion and Cretin
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by technicolour

Are you trolling?

Chugging doesn't make you grindcore.

Deathcore is death metal with breakdowns. Not all deathcore bands suck like Suicide Silence. Known for it's technicality. See All Shall Perish After The Burial Animosity etc.

Grindcore started in the 80's so your an idiot BOO didn't start grindcore.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Last edited by NY_FootBall49 at Nov 22, 2009,
Well, this thread has made me discover why flaming homos, are named flaming homos. Kudos.

If you're curious, I just related it to homosexuals on Fire Island.
My brain is so ****** right now. I can't tell if this thread was made for the sole purpose of trolling me.
You took it too far dude

Sumdeus
end transmission. Goodnight metal forum, thanks for the lawls.

But to answer the original question: I only know of exhumed. Oh and Nasum.
Quote by technicolour
end transmission. Goodnight metal forum, thanks for the lawls.

But to answer the original question: I only know of exhumed. Oh and Nasum.

Thank god you weren't being serious.
So...much...win

I think Deathcore bands have to have that guy who gets the crowd moving; so its almost necessary to have a lead screamer who can concentrate on the screaming and telling the crowd to move.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by SeveredSurvival
This thread confuses me.

Is it because you just don't get that deathcore and grindcore are the same thing?

Sumdeus