Alright, so I'm gonna be buying my very first electric guitar. Or...second.

The first one I had was an Ibanez RG-370DX. It was alright, but the neck was messed up, as was the fact that it buzzed massively. The Floyd Rose was not my friend either. So now I have to decide between three electrics, although there were a few others.
To list them:
A white Fender Stratocaster with a SSH setup, $399 (Current favorite)
A red ESP Viper-50, $349
A James Hetfield ESP Truckster, $599

The other, less favored choices were a Viper-10, a Washburn X10, and an Epiphone SG.
The biggest criteria I have for selecting them are and were that it had to be a versatile guitar, able to play a range of genres from classic rock up to metal (no death metal or anything), it had to be able to play both rhythm and leads, and be able to play live when the situation calls for it. TL;DR Good, versatile guitar with a good clean and overdriven sound.

As for what amp I have, I have a Line 6 Spider IV. I don't know if that's important to mention or not. Anyways, I got til' next week to make this decision. Any help/advice would be massively appreciated.
I'll throw in my opinion based on what I've played, it may seem somewhat biased.

Chances are, the truckster is selling for more due to the name.
Ive never been a fan of ESPs anyway, but if you try em and like em, go for it.

I'm not a Fender fanboy, but if that is a real fender, then it is incredibly cheap and i would go for that, but once again try it out first if possible.

My advice, check out a used music store or pawn shop. Check multiple times before buying a new one from another store because you could find treasure in there for much cheaper than it should be. Just keep in mind that its not all about the name on the headstock.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1+Invader/Dimebucker
Ibanez Figured Ash
Jackson JS30RR
Samick UM-3

Amp:
Crate GT3500H
Custom Eminence Cabs

Pedals:
Crybaby From Hell
Phase 90
Dyna Comp
Stereo Chorus
10-Band EQ
ISP Decimator
Marshall EH-1
If the strat plays well then I'd definitely be jumping all over it mate it's imo the most versatile (obviously more depends on player and amp but excluding those) of the three.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
If the strat plays well then I'd definitely be jumping all over it mate it's imo the most versatile (obviously more depends on player and amp but excluding those) of the three.

hi phill.
Quote by brutalmania
please, call me will haha

Awww I was liking brutalmania as a name, honestly I would call my first born child that You could just see the teacher call out brutalmania every day.
All's well and good then, I tried the Fender before and it was wonderful. Sounded far better than my old Ibz 370DX, there's kind of a situation with my guitar buying (I'm limited to one store, long story) these were the only ones that really caught my eye.
So it's still the strongest here, I AM going to try the Viper first just in case, the Truckster I like mostly 'cause JH is my music idol, but of course I can't base my purchase offa that, now can I? Anyways, thanks for the help guys, I needed some second opinions.
Ended up buying the Strat, thing sounds just as good as it did before. Not sure about even using the whammy. Never really did on my Ibz. Don't wanna break any strings. (Something I'm extremely paranoid about.)