I'm getting my wisdom teeth, actually just the roots that are forming, pulled tomorrow morning. I can either get put completely out or just numbing.

The problem is I have shit to do. I work the next two days, and have a class tomorrow night. How messed up am I going to be?
My friend got numbing...his teeth hurted for a good week and a half. For the first few days he could only eat soup jello.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Dang, my parents aren't letting me move it later when I actually have time to take off work and don't have important school stuff, which is kind of messed up on their part.

Does the anesthetic/painkillers mess you up or is it the pain/swelling? I could probably deal with the pain and just take ibuprofen rather than the strong stuff.
i would say get knocked the **** out, and maybe skip class that night, the next days of work should be do able
<|8D
I've had teeth out, and had my mouth numbed. More than anything, it just feels really weird. Like, you know that you should be in agony, but all you can feel is tugging.
RIP Tom Searle.
I really can't miss class, being that it is a review for the final and the teacher is a prick and doesn't give out make up work. And I could probably miss one shift if I'm going to be drowsy the whole time.
take some pain killers
it lasts like 2 days or less with each for me wisdom tooth..the main pain will come from the gum
Quote by CODE
I really can't miss class, being that it is a review for the final and the teacher is a prick and doesn't give out make up work. And I could probably miss one shift if I'm going to be drowsy the whole time.

Damn I feel for you. Getting my wisdom teeth removed was horrible. To be fair though, mine were growing in sideways and a good portion of my wisdom teeth were underneath my other teeth so the dentist had to do "surgery" to get the teeth out.
You're going to feel like your face has been raped by a bus.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
That's what I was thinking. I'm probably getting some brackets put on some molars up in the still up in the gum too, along with the wisdom teeth. So I am a little concerned that it will hurt like heck.
Masamune, that sucks. Mine aren't completely formed yet, but they are way up behind molars that haven't come down yet for some reason.
meh, my jaw was sore from the dentist tugging on my face more than the former sites of the wisdom teeth hurt.

Take 600mg of ibuprofan every 4-6 hours for a couple days and you'll be fine. I never go under for dentist stuff, too much of a pain for your day. Just get the numbing--it's kind of neat to see the dentist doing all that anyway.

Don't sweat it. You'll be sore, a little grumpy, and won't be munching on jaw breakers anytime soon, but it's never as bad as everyone says and you don't have to let it disrupt your week.
I think I will get numbing and deal with the pain. I just don't want to be messed up in the head on meds or look like elephant man.
Quote by CODE
I think I will get numbing and deal with the pain. I just don't want to be messed up in the head on meds or look like elephant man.

Not to mention that general anesthesia introduces a lot of completely unnecessary health risks that you could just bypass by using local.
And is probably a grand extra. **** that, even though I'm not paying it.
it sucks real bad, don't do anything strenuous after
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by CODE
Dang, my parents aren't letting me move it later when I actually have time to take off work and don't have important school stuff, which is kind of messed up on their part.

Does the anesthetic/painkillers mess you up or is it the pain/swelling? I could probably deal with the pain and just take ibuprofen rather than the strong stuff.

is there an actual problem? or is this preventative?
if it's preventative...

generally speaking, wisdom teeth are not an emergency.

couple days before you tell them you feel like you're getting a cold. you sneeze and blow your nose, make your head hot with a warm towel.

boom, they think you've got a minor infection and you Have to postpone.

then you call the dentist and make sure they have no availability for at least a month.
good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It does need to happen soon because of two other teeth in front of the wisdom teeth that haven't come down yet and I already had to move it once because of h1n1/some flu.