Ok one thing I notice is that on every youtube video of Kirk playing solos theres at least 1/3 of the viewers saying Kirk is a washed up piece of poop, ok I think Kirk is a GREAT guiatr player, one of the best metal guitarists, everyone says a bunch of bullcrap that Dave Mustaine is better, I like Mustaine but Mustaine sucks balls compared to Kirk. James Hetfield is good too but I dont see how he is better than Kirk as Kirk can play everything that he does plus insane solos and sure James sings but all James does is strum power chords really fast where Kirk is fricken playing his ass off with crazy riffs and solos and Kirk DOES write his own music dont even tell me he doesnt.

Im not trying to sound too biased because metallica is my favorite band but I think Kirk is an awesome guitarists if not one of the best. Is everyone just jealous of Kirks popularity and success? I also think that James Hetfield is a great singer but everyone thinks James sucks at singing, Lars is for sure one of the greatest drummers of all time and everyone talks shit about Lars all because of the Napster controversy, Rob Trujillo is a good bassist too but out of all of metallica Rob is the sort of the outcast in my opinion as Rob does not even compare to Cliff Burton or Flea or Jason Newsted, Rob is great but not the best. KIRK IS BETTER THAN DAVE AND METALLICA IS BETTER THAN MEGDETH PEOPLE!!!!!!
Last edited by twinsfan7 at Nov 22, 2009,
yeh i dnt no ether, hes liek teh gr8tst gitrst ever
also,

Quote by twinsfan7
Lars is for sure one of the greatest drummers of all time

Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Nov 22, 2009,
Did anyone else read that as "Why does every1 kiss Kirk Hammett?"

Because I was totally not into making out with Kirk Hammett.
Saying that James Hetfield is a good singer, and Lars Ulrich is a good drummer destroy the validity of your post. But anyways, Kirk is a pretty good soloist in my opinion. He was extremely influential in metal lead, but so was Mustaine. Honestly who gives a **** who's better?
As for Lars I dont know why every1 hates him and thinks he sucks is it just because of the Napster controversy?
I'm pretty sure it's because he is shit at drumming...

Sumdeus
Quote by Annihilator666
That is because it is on Youtube, where most of the people have no brains and think that making fun of people on the internet makes up for the fact they are 30 and still in their mom's basement.

Also, Lars =/= good drummer.

About the youtube part: I know people really dont know talent when they see or hear it!
Quote by twinsfan7
As for Lars I dont know why every1 hates him and thinks he sucks is it just because of the Napster controversy?

It has nothing to do with that; he's just EXTREMELY overrated. I don't hate him or anything, he's just not that good.
Kirk is good.
Very good.
But not the best, and nowhere near.
I can list several far better guitarists.

James Hetfield is a shitty singer, and a mediocre rhythm guitarist.
Not to mention a goddamn sellout.

Lars Ulrich blows at drums.

I have no opinion on Metallica's bassists.
Just that Rob's hair makes me lol.

Seriously though, lets all evolve past Metallica.
Simply put, they're not very good.
Unless you like listening to the same thing over and over, hoping it'll get better, and then getting letdown consistently.

*wipes forehead*
Long post.
Anyone who would record an album with their snare sounding the way his did on St. Anger must not have a brain...

Sumdeus
Quote by Spab
Saying that James Hetfield is a good singer, and Lars Ulrich is a good drummer destroy the validity of your post. But anyways, Kirk is a pretty good soloist in my opinion. He was extremely influential in metal lead, but so was Mustaine. Honestly who gives a **** who's better?

I agree. Kirk is a phenomenal player but it was kind of overkill with james and lars. Because neither of those two are even close to being the best at what they do. But I'll agree with you saying Kirk is one of the greats.
Seriously! It's just people posting their opinions. Have you done comparisions? Dave playing stuff from Kill 'em all and then Kirk playing the same leads?
Because this is the internet
and everything that CAN happen MUST happen simply for the fact that it CAN
So achieve some piece of mind by realizing that you don't have to care what others think.
And remember that the world is full of opinions you'll never agree with.
Great, so with your logic...

"Your opinion is right, while everyone who thinks differently to you is wrong."

It is called opinion, not everyone wants to rape Metallica as much as you do.

Yes they are good
Yes they are influencial
Doesn't mean they're the best in the world.

Also, fyi.
Dave Mustaine is a rhythm guitarist while Kirk is a lead guitarist. So no bias.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Nov 22, 2009,
Ok, people dis Kirk Hammett for several reasons:

1. He is not a great player. He plays sloppily, has poor vibrato, has poor phrasing, and in general does not do anything spectacular.

2. He is not the primary songwriter in Metallica. James Hetfield writes and records most of the rhythm guitar parts in Metallica songs. Hammett plays the solos, which are not spectacular (refer to part 1).

3. People become frustrated when people wrongfully receive praise. I am in no way saying that what Kirk has done for music is insignificant, as he has influenced many people. However, people have a misguided perception of his influence. So many people think Kirk is the writer in Metallica and so laud him with praise for writing "cool riffs and songs" such as Master of Puppets. Many people do the same thing with Slash and Guns N Roses. The funny thing is, neither player is/was the primary songwriter. People bash Kirk because they do not like how he has been regarded as a guitar god when he has not demonstrated spectacular playing or compositional ability.

4. Lars Ulrich is in no way ever conceivable even close to being one of the best drummers of all time. Do not equate influence with skill.
Kirk is a great player but there are much better ones out and in my personal opinion Dave is one of them but Jeff Loomis, Jhon Petrucci, Chris Broderick, Dimebag Darrel, Mikael Akerfeldt, Devin Townsend just to name a few are far better then both of them
Opinions are opinions. I'm not a huge freak for Kirk or Metallica but it's OBVIOUS that Kirk is a good player. I don't get why they diss on him or especially when they say James is a better soloist. puh-leez. Oh, and Mustaine pwns too.
Quote by MatReeves
Kirk is a great player but there are much better ones out and in my personal opinion Dave is one of them but Jeff Loomis, Jhon Petrucci, Chris Broderick, Dimebag Darrel, Mikael Akerfeldt, Devin Townsend just to name a few are far better then both of them

this too
Gotta love stupid people
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
so the theory proves right.

start a new band thread, and it dies after two posts.
start a new metallica thread, and we have 10000 random people coming in posting their opinions

Sumdeus
u should be comparing kirk to the other guitar players in megadeth, not dave.
Quote by manmanster
+2381023810928391829387198273
I think they're all damn good at what they do. I may have my preferences but to say so and so is better and BS like that is just that...it's BS. If I was to criticize players as so many people do, then I should be able to back it up with MY musical and technical expertise....which I don't have....and is whey they really are good at what they do.

Some people critique these guys like they're a somebody when chances are good they're bedroom rockers like many of us.

Cracks me up..
Quote by celticstorm84
Some people critique these guys like they're a somebody when chances are good they're bedroom rockers like many of us.

so we can't make fun of people who suck at what they do just because we aren't famous like them?

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
so we can't make fun of people who suck at what they do just because we aren't famous like them?

It's because most of us haven't proven we're better than Kirk yet.
I'd say something but it appears as if chase09 has already stolen most of my thunder.

I will point out though, Dave Mustaine wrote pretty much all of Metallica's material up through RtL, and at least half of MoP. Incidentally, I also think this is the last 'good' material Metallica put out. Not really a fan of either band, but given the choice, MedaDave is infinitely cooler/better/what have you.
Because those dumb asses think that you have to have technical songs to be good at guitar, it's about sound, i wish i could kick every one of those people in the nuts or for the girls slap em in the face. Half of those people are megadeth fanboys that are jealous of metallicas success and how the black album sold more albums than every megadeth album combined (i'm not sure if this is true but from what i understand, the black album is 22 x platinum and megadeth has sold 20 million albums worldwide, don't take my word on it though). People are just jealous that they can play twice as fast as hammet but wonder why they haven't sold 10's if not 100's of millions of albums, or why they haven't gotten a record deal yet. In a nutshell, technicality is overated by advanced guitarists, or even noobs on the guitar. What people don't realize is that kirk hammet probably knows as much as any other guitarist, but he just doesn't implement it into his music. I'm kind of babbling here but just don't listen to those people, they have nothing better to do, they're just depressed 30 year old virgins that live in their mother's basements because their music career didn't work out .
Quote by flyingcheckmark
Why is he "dissed"? look up Paul Wagoner and get back to me

+1000
I couldn't agree more.

Wait, yes I could.
Quote by celticstorm84
If I was to criticize players as so many people do, then I should be able to back it up with MY musical and technical expertise....which I don't have....and is whey they really are good at what they do.

This is stupid. You do not need to be better than someone to claim that they aren't skilled. Do I need to be a superior athlete to say that the Detroit Lions are a bad football team? Do I need to be LeBron James before I can say the New Jersey Nets suck at basketball? Do I need to be an amazing musician to recognize someone who is not very skilled? The answer to all of these questions is NO!

Guess what dude? You don't have to be better to criticize.
Quote by maowcat
What people don't realize is that kirk hammet probably knows as much as any other guitarist, but he just doesn't implement it into his music.

So you're saying Kirk knows how to play guitar well, yet he simply decides to play the same shitty wah wah shredding in every single solo?

Sumdeus
Quote by Burning_Angel
I'd say something but it appears as if chase09 has already stolen most of my thunder.

I will point out though, Dave Mustaine wrote pretty much all of Metallica's material up through RtL, and at least half of MoP. Incidentally, I also think this is the last 'good' material Metallica put out. Not really a fan of either band, but given the choice, MedaDave is infinitely cooler/better/what have you.

Mustaine wrote 6 songs for metallica, The four Horsemen, jump in the fire, phantom lord, metal militia, ride the lightning and call of ktulu. He wrote NOTHING on master of puppets, mustaine said that he wrote the riff for leper messiah but the chances of creating a riff like that are very high IMO. Mustaine also claims he wrote Enter Sandman, but i think this was just dave being douche, kirk wrote the riff when he was completely hammered at 3 in the morning, yes i know to much about metallica.
I never read comments on youtube. The music speaks for itself. Kirk has provided a lot of inspiration to tons of people so props to him.