There's a rebate offer going on if you buy a HarmonyMan or TimeBender delay between late October and mid January. I bought a HarmonyMan last month, but I'm having a tough time deciding.

The offer gives you a choice of one of the following overdrive/distortion units:

1) Bad Monkey
2) Death Metal
3) Grunge
4) Hot Head
5) Screamin' Blues

I already own the Bad Monkey. I don't really have a need for the Death Metal, as I'm getting a Hardwire TL2. So it's down to the other three. I'm leaning towards the Grunge, but I could go for any of them, really. I don't imagine any will find a permanent place on my board, but I'd like something usable, anyway- can never have too many pedals!

Any of you love any of these? Hate any of them? Why, in either case?

Thanks!
The Screamin' Blues does interest me. I'm a little curious of the difference between it and the Monkey, which as I said I already have. Seems to be a bit higher gain. I do occasionally like playing blues stuff, though, and if it's designed for giving a nice blues lead tone, it could be useful.

No love for the Hot Head, I see. Poor little guy. It's the only one of the four that I had on a list of dirtboxes to look into, but I no longer remember why I put it there. Hm.

I'll have to keep looking at some demos. It's a lot more fun when it's free. Well... not completely. But 10 bucks shipping beats 55!
YOU BOUGHT A HARMONY MAN WHEN YOU COULD HAVE BOUGHT A TIME BENDER?
I refuse to offer you any advice...

I'd say go for the Grunge. It receives ridiculous amounts of hate, but it's a great lo-fi noise box. If you really aren't into fuzzed-out indie-rock or alternative rock along the lines of Nirvana, Sonic Youth, etc... then go for the Monkey.