Hello, im looking into purchasing a wireless guitar system and am not really sure whats good and whats not. I was just going to go with a shure cause their pretty mainstream. Im asking some opinions first on which I should get, here is my information.

I use a guitar running through a line 6 pod x3live running to an amp. If theres a setup I can use where i dont have to sit the wireless recieve by my pedal that would be great, but if not its not the end of the world. My amp doesnt have an effect loop. Im looking to spend up to 300$, flexable debending on its capabilities tho, having 2 transmitters would be cool for a 2nd guitar tho.

Kevin
Quote by Darkflame
i know i have the atw-3000 series from audio technica and it's pretty cool, so i'd tell you to look at that atw-701, but the fact it's only got 8 selectable frequencies is kind of a turn off

Is having only 8 a big deal? Id mostly be playing at my house and in small bars would that be more then enough.

Kevin
Quote by kevilay
Is having only 8 a big deal? Id mostly be playing at my house and in small bars would that be more then enough.

Kevin

no.

it's not a big deal until you've got uber tons of wireless signals running all over the place in an environment suseptable to radio interferance... and even then that doesn't render your 8-ch unit useless, it only means your future wireless units will need more options.

...and not to be a dick, but speaking statistically, you'll never have a need for further wireless units.

I'm a big fan of AT as a company... they make good product gnerally speaking, and at $250 it seems like a good deal on wireless that meets most of your wants and all of your needs.
Samson airline77 is a great unit at an awesome price
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
A wireless system is a necessity for a large stage, not one's house and small bars (but then, my definition of "small" and your definition may be two very different things). Why do you think you need a wireless? Do you just want to have freedom of movement, or do you plan to use it if/when you hit it "big", or both?

I'd recommend, with $300, that you get some high quality long cables, rather than a wireless system, mostly because I think your problem could be that you don't have long enough cables.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
A wireless system is a necessity for a large stage, not one's house and small bars (but then, my definition of "small" and your definition may be two very different things). Why do you think you need a wireless? Do you just want to have freedom of movement, or do you plan to use it if/when you hit it "big", or both?

I'd recommend, with $300, that you get some high quality long cables, rather than a wireless system, mostly because I think your problem could be that you don't have long enough cables.

I use mine so I don't trip over cables and break my face.