heylo everyone!
I have a week off of school and I need to learn a good riff. Im wanting something melodic in e-standard if possible. I was thinking iron maiden-ish? My playability level is about at "hes a pirate"
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
if "pirate" is intended to mean moderately advanced, i suggest megadeth - holy wars...the punishment due. the riffs are so kickass.

if "pirate" is intended to mean intermediate (e.g. iron maiden level-ish), i recommend most anything by iron maiden (twilight zone is catchy imo).
well idk. if been getting better lately and can play alot faster so im not sure if its moderately advanced but Im not sure if its intermediate either. Are there any specific Iron maiden songs?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Try learning the song "To Live Is To Die" by Metallica.
Perhaps, even if it looks a little out of your range at first, still give it a shot, because you will gain a few highly useful skills if you can play that song straight through from start to finish.
It's a long project, GIVE IT A SHOT!
like i said, twilight zone is catchy.

if you want to go for some more popular maiden, i recommend number of the beast (though hallowed be thy name and run to the hills also work well.)

or maybe some of the easier judas priest stuff, like electric eye.
Try learning the song "To Live Is To Die" by Metallica.

+1. a little harder, but you'll definitely be more pleased with the results than you would for the songs i suggested (save for holy wars).
hallowed be thy name I learned today =)
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
and unfortunately I really dislike metallica...
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
In that case, it might be useful to check out a song called "The Legacy" by Iron Maiden off their newest cd, A Matter Of Life And Death. It's a fairly progressive piece that has some AMAZINGLY fun riffs to play. It's very long, though, so you aren't going to learn it in a matter of a couple minutes.
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
In that case, it might be useful to check out a song called "The Legacy" by Iron Maiden off their newest cd, A Matter Of Life And Death. It's a fairly progressive piece that has some AMAZINGLY fun riffs to play. It's very long, though, so you aren't going to learn it in a matter of a couple minutes.

This.
or if you want something shorter, Different World