So i have learned to play blackbird and babe im going to leave you
i was wondering if anyone knows any good picking songs i could learn like the ones i already know...
Thanks
Spenc
I could name so many things... pieces by Francis Tarrega, Isaac Albeniz, Stanley Myers, Augustin Barrios-Mangore, Villa-Lobos... that's REAL classical guitar. But with classical guitar comes great challenges in technique and an entirely different finger-picking style than what you are working with I'm sure. Go to youtube and check out pieces by them.

But pieces that are pop-oriented would be like Dust in the Wind (that and blackbird are my typical finger warm-ups.... and Leyenda by Albeniz), Classical Gas seems to be quite popular among the rock crowd who want to be well-rounded "classical" players, Dee by Randy Rhodes is also decent. Hell, you could play Silent Lucidity by Queensryche. I also suggest playing scale patterns with your fingers... alternate between i and m (index/middle respectively) and alternate between i m a (index/middle/ring respectively) you could even throw in a thumb (p) inbetween i/m/a... this will help build dexterity and speed.... I could help give examples of real exercises and beneficial studies for your right hand if you really wanted to try some serious fingerpicking things.... but those tunes I suggested... those are all finger-picked and good, easy pieces
The sweet aint as sweet without the bitter
Quote by Cymbaline
I could name so many things... pieces by Francis Tarrega, Isaac Albeniz, Stanley Myers, Augustin Barrios-Mangore, Villa-Lobos... that's REAL classical guitar. But with classical guitar comes great challenges in technique and an entirely different finger-picking style than what you are working with I'm sure. Go to youtube and check out pieces by them.

But pieces that are pop-oriented would be like Dust in the Wind (that and blackbird are my typical finger warm-ups.... and Leyenda by Albeniz), Classical Gas seems to be quite popular among the rock crowd who want to be well-rounded "classical" players, Dee by Randy Rhodes is also decent. Hell, you could play Silent Lucidity by Queensryche. I also suggest playing scale patterns with your fingers... alternate between i and m (index/middle respectively) and alternate between i m a (index/middle/ring respectively) you could even throw in a thumb (p) inbetween i/m/a... this will help build dexterity and speed.... I could help give examples of real exercises and beneficial studies for your right hand if you really wanted to try some serious fingerpicking things.... but those tunes I suggested... those are all finger-picked and good, easy pieces

Wow /thread man.
But yeah I vote for Silent Lucidity, easy fingerpicking song, and a great tune too.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
cybaline pretty much summed it up.

Gear:
Reverend PA1
Fender Lone Star Strat
Fender Frontman 212R
Squier Jagmaster
Ibanez AE Series Acoustic
Ibanez EWN28 Classical
Vox Satchurator
Dunlop Cry Baby
MXR Carbon Copy
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
If you have ever dedicated yourself to the mastery of the "classical guitar" you will no doubt appreciate the inherent pleasure and inspiration that comes from playing a truly fine instrument, but have you ever thought of how recent changes in the construction of concert-quality Spanish-style guitars have opened up a whole new world of acoustic colors with which to paint your classical music.

Consider this ... take the dynamic range and power of a finely hand-crafted "Super Negra" flamenco guitar, remove the tap-plates, add a set of premium nylon strings, re-tune the soundboard braces and adjust the set-up to enhance the instrument's dynamic range, sustain, clarity, and balance, and you may arguably have one of the very best six-stringed instruments for creating and interpreting any piece of music in a classical guitarist's repertoire ... with an acoustic edge that is genuinely evocative of Southern Spain.

The photographs on this site feature a few of, what I consider to be, my "best Spanish-style guitars". Although I focus primarily on creating concert-quality instruments for flamenco guitarists, aficionados, and fine instrument collectors, I also customize the design and acoustic characteristics of my instruments to enhance their suitability for guitarists who record and perform across several musical styles, including classical, flamenco, Latin, and jazz.

AD LINKS REMOVED