Okay. So right now with my Ibanez prestige RG, im in E standard with 10s. This was factory set up for 9s E standard, but ive gone as low as dropped C with 10s (with bridge adjustments, ofc).

Now, if i tuned to C/B standard, could i still stay comfortably at 10s? I know id need to adjust the bridge, but if the truss rod needs adjusted, ill have a friend do that.

Also on thicker strings, read this excerpt from www.newtonestrings.com ...

With the popularity of dropped and altered tunings we often talk to players who assume that they will achieve a lower pitch simply by buying a thicker string. Often this does not solve the problem because the core wire in the thicker string is the same diameter as the core in the standard string, and therefore will feel too slack if a considerably lower tuning than standard is desired. So we make a string with a larger diameter core which will tune to the desired pitch and still have the tension of a standard tuning string.

So, what do you guys think? Must i go to 11s, which ive never played before? If i keep 10s, itll give me a good range to bend, but im told ill still be able to speed pick/sweep, all that.
10s are a bit too floppy for me in c standard, let alone b standard. they dont keep their tuning well and i can do semitone bends simply by pushing the fret down a little too hard.

i would recommend 12-54s for c standard (and obviously a setup), but 11-52s or 11-49s *might* suit you
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Quote by Bob_Smith
10s are a bit too floppy for me in c standard, let alone b standard. they dont keep their tuning well and i can do semitone bends simply by pushing the fret down a little too hard.

i would recommend 12-54s for c standard (and obviously a setup), but 11-52s or 11-49s *might* suit you

Dag. You think i could still do decent bends? ive never played higher than 10s.

I can adjust my own bridge, but what about the truss rod and the excerpt from that custom string site? its not marketing tactics, eh?
i find it hard to do bends personally, not because of the resitance against my fingers, but because i have trouble keeping the bends in tune due to the 'sensitivity' when having such floppy strings

12-54s in c standard shouldnt really feel much different to 10-46s in e standard

for the truss rod, its probably best you ask someone else. you may or may not need one

and the excerpt looks like marketing tactics to me. the strings might last (ie still retain a nice tone - apparently when i first got my acoustic, it had the same strings on it when my dad first bought it, which was in the late 70s) 2-3 years if the guy played once every 3 months and kept in a case
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Quote by Bob_Smith
i find it hard to do bends personally, not because of the resitance against my fingers, but because i have trouble keeping the bends in tune due to the 'sensitivity' when having such floppy strings

12-54s in c standard shouldnt really feel much different to 10-46s in e standard

for the truss rod, its probably best you ask someone else. you may or may not need one

and the excerpt looks like marketing tactics to me. the strings might last (ie still retain a nice tone - apparently when i first got my acoustic, it had the same strings on it when my dad first bought it, which was in the late 70s) 2-3 years if the guy played once every 3 months and kept in a case

You know what i mean though, i see the point; a thicker core string would probably be better... Or... what do you think?