Quote by tonedeafidiot
No way I'm clicking on that link. Someone else do it first.

It's legit.

I won't read this anyway.
man nobody gives a shit about dimebag darrel/
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by guitarnoize
I posted a review of this book if anyone is interested:

Black Tooth Grin: The High Life, Good Times, and Tragic End of “Dimebag” Darrell
http://j.mp/68PYQU

Not a bad read, maybe one for the xmas list.

Oh hallo thar mr book-chain executive.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
This reminds me- The 200th (Jan 2010) of Metal Hammer UK has a Dimebag tribute album free.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
ITT: people think they are cool because they don't care about another dead guitarist.

I'll give it a read TS
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
It's a shame kids don't appreciate Dimebag's playing and contribution, Pantera were pretty groundbreaking when Cowboys and Vulgar were released and Dime could easily out-shred most of today's so called guitar heroes. It is a shame he is being exploited by companies after his death though because this just diminishes his reputation.
I agree, I'm kind of sick of Dean constantly marketing a new "Dimebag signature guitar". The man was great, he's dead, give him some respect and quit trying to make another buck off him. I do think I'll read this though, looks interesting. (Also doesn't appear that its full of Dean's bullcrap)
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by guitarnoize
It's a shame kids don't appreciate Dimebag's playing and contribution, Pantera were pretty groundbreaking when Cowboys and Vulgar were released and Dime could easily out-shred most of today's so called guitar heroes. It is a shame he is being exploited by companies after his death though because this just diminishes his reputation.

You sir are the most intelligent person in this thread.

Maybie I'm bias because i'm a huge fan of panter, even the later stuff. But he was an original metal play as far as rhythm playing goes. He used whammy bar techniques in riffs, strangre chords, complex time signatures. Also very groove orientated heavy guitar riffs, a thing that most modern metal bands have dime to thank for. And although he may have had a tradition lead playing style he certainly had allot of feel and finnesse.

Such ashame that his talent is overshadowed by his tragic death
Quote by guitarnoize

Thank you for summing up my thoughts.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by sketchy z

they obviously do, why open a thread about dime if your gonna bash him, seriously wot the hell go give shit to someone who deserves it

cant wait to read the book

dean sucks (make great guitars) for exploitin dime and so does rita hanney
Quote by sketchy z

Stop trying to speak for the entire ****ing human race you thoughtless old fart.

On a lighter note, I'll give it a read.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
no, Sketchy z nobody gives a flyin fuk about your sorry ass and your jealous because of it. Dime was one of the most original sounding and soulful guitarists that EVER lived, you smelly, worthless, piece of schit. if you dont like his music why check out this thread and, you still have to respect his talent because he was amazing. i dont like Chet Atkins music but i sure respect his tallent.

so FUK OFF MOTHER FUKER!!!!!!!!!!!!
since when is it new? i got it back in july, but yeah RIP Dime 5 years on
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I have it at the moment, i'm finding it hard to get into compared to Ozzy and slash's autobiographies.
Quote by josh999x
I have it at the moment, i'm finding it hard to get into compared to Ozzy and slash's autobiographies.

once you get into it, slash's autobiography is awesome, probably one of my favourite books.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
RIP Les Paul
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Meh, looks like any other Dime marketing scheme.

On the other hand-prebuscent boys don't read books anyway.
Target group/audience fail?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by josh999x

Slash's autobiography is an awesome read, disturbing but funny at the same time. I'll check out Ozzy's I imagine that is similar!
Quote by Dawnwalker

I didn't know Dean did books.
"Dimebag's biography, now available in hardback, softback and razorback".
Quote by Dawnwalker

Target audience is more likely people who were into Pantera when Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar display of power was released, these were the original fans who are now in their late 20's early 30's. The prepubescent (I think you meant) teens don't have money, don't buy books and would rather spend time arguing on forums like this
Quote by MightyAl
I didn't know Dean did books.
"Dimebag's biography, now available in hardback, softback and razorback".

"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER