well this isnt your typical what guitar thread lol.

well right now im need of some information that is pretty important.
im looking for guitar companies that were famous in the 80's for good quality guitar's that were more aimed at Shred/Metal. Such as Charvel, Kramer, Aria. I dont know to many more and am quite interested in finding out.

google failed me at answering that question lol.

Can anybody help me out here?
Classical Guitarist
Ibanez, Jackson, Heartfield, Hamer --- Got that off a quick brainstorm ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Ibanez, Jackson, Heartfield, Hamer --- Got that off a quick brainstorm ...

who doesnt know ibanez or jackson? i hate them. i meant the lesser known ones.
Classical Guitarist
Why would you hate them ... there basically the companies that started the whole super strat thing ...

And if you gonna get angry about it then learn how to use google u fool....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Zep_shizzle
who doesnt know ibanez or jackson? i hate them. i meant the lesser known ones.

Maybe you should have stated that at the beginning, way to be a Jackass.
Quote by Tatsumaru
Why would you hate them ... there basically the companies that started the whole super strat thing ...

And if you gonna get angry about it then learn how to use google u fool....

im not getting angry lol. and i tried using google, it failed me
i hate them because none of them feel good in my hands.
more like i hate the necks. they feel so uncomfortable.

Quote by grim1
Maybe you should have stated that at the beginning, way to be a Jackass.

this is an electric guitar forum, what jackass doesnt know ibanez or jackson? dumbass.........
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Nov 23, 2009,
Figure out how to do your own damn research if you are going to be a pissy little 5 year old. When people give advice based on your own piss poor question, don't be a bitch about it. Continue to enjoy your ignorance.
Quote by grim1
Figure out how to do your own damn research if you are going to be a pissy little 5 year old. When people give advice based on your own piss poor question, don't be a bitch about it. Continue to enjoy your ignorance.

+1 hit the nail on the head, you got an answer no need to be a jerk in your response if it isn't what you expected.
Quote by grim1

Quote by azn_guitarist25
+1 hit the nail on the head, you got an answer no need to be a jerk in your response if it isn't what you expected.

later. your not needed in this thread.
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Zep_shizzle
later. your not needed in this thread.

With google, your thread is not needed ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Quote by Tatsumaru
With google, your thread is not needed ...

am i not allowed to ask questions in a guitar forum? i thought thats what it was for.
you should tell that to most of the threads on this forum then. "forum cop"
srry for posting, now if your not going to contribute anything else usefull feel free not to post.
Classical Guitarist
Everyone has seen what an arsehole you are when you get an answer so no one is gonna wanna contribute to your thread

/thread ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Quote by Tatsumaru
Everyone has seen what an arsehole you are when you get an answer so no one is gonna wanna contribute to your thread

/thread ....

+1

Being ungrateful doesn't really help you're cause.
Ibanez 540S, Randall RG50TC, Blackstar HT-DISTX, Ibanez TS-808
Quote by Zep_shizzle
i hate them because none of them feel good in my hands.
more like i hate the necks. they feel so uncomfortable.

god help you, sir.
Check out Robin Guitars, they had some good stuff going on back in the 80's, made in Houston, Texas. They're still around also. Here's a photo....

Larrivee's were also popular back in the 80's, though today the company no longer makes those shapes and loud colours and is into more traditional shapes, still their quality is awesome. Check out the yellow Larrivee in Europe's Cherokee music video.

If you're looking for the ultimate 80's shredder, though you'll never own one cause they were made in limited numbers and are expensive as hell, check out Rand Guitars Vivian Campbell played one (and others) until he went to Kramer and got his own signature the Nightswan. Here's a couple nice Rand's for ya. The orange one is actually Vivian's one he used in the Whitesnake "Is this love" video.

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Yeah if you find a Rand you'll probably have to take out a 2nd mortgage. Those are rare as hell as DSOT said.

Others to look at are the Fender HM strat's, later known as the Heartfield Talon. The Westone Pantera, Westone Dana Limited and Alvarez Dana Scoop, BC Rich Gunslinger and Assasin, Signature, and of course several models by ESP. Those are a few that come to mind right off.

Also as said, the Robin Medley is sweet! I "think" the later models were made by ESP.
You following me halo?
Yea Rand's are only a dream, but that black one I posted I wouldn't even care it had a floating Floyd, amazing looking guitar.
Yes I am stalking you! Nah, old Kramer and Peaveys are about all I play anymore. And about all I can half way intelligently comment on! lol

Plus, don't they say great minds think alike?
Yea, same here. I just can't get used to anything else. I was in a music store today and checked out a EB/MM Axis, nice guitar but for $2000 CDN meh I don't know. A lot better stuff out there on the used 80's market I think. Would love to own a Wayne Charvel Guitar though, but those are pricey!

...and yea, they do think alike