I will be getting a guitar christmas time and I have narrowed it down to these two, having played them both together and thorougly loved them both.

The Tele is £650 and comes with a case
It its quite unique being a mahogany tele with EMGs and locking tuners!

The ESP is £750 and does not come with a case, I would have to purchase one.
It is also stunning with its inlay around the guitar and is only a slight improvement on the tele's specs (better nut/flamed top)!

Both play amazingly, the tele seems a little more dynamic to me and I am leaning towards getting the tele.

I wanted to see if anybody has had experiences with either or both these guitars that would make them lean towards one or the other? I dont really want to decide between one or the other!

demon.g out
What amp are you playing through?

Those guitars aren't going to sound very different from each other, in my experience a guitar with EMGs sounds like well. EMGs they take alot away from the tone of the guitar itself. So if you're feeling the Tele a bit better than that one go for it.

EDIT: Why not just buy a better nut for the Tele if you find it lacking, and the flame top on the LTD is really more just for looks so it's down to you on that one.
Last edited by consecutive e at Nov 23, 2009,
Just nitpicking but it's a LTD EC1000. Anyway do you need 22 or 24 frets? I'm more inclined to go with the tele but that's just personal preferences down to looks if they both play as equal as each other then either model you go with you should be pleased.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Just nitpicking but it's a LTD EC1000. Anyway do you need 22 or 24 frets? I'm more inclined to go with the tele but that's just personal preferences down to looks if they both play as equal as each other then either model you go with you should be pleased.

That's the thing, the eclipse has a painted neck and can get a bit tacky with hand sweat, and the poly finish feels a bit cheap compared to a satin (or indeed nitro) finish. That's just me though.
Quote by haz_uk
That's the thing, the eclipse has a painted neck and can get a bit tacky with hand sweat, and the poly finish feels a bit cheap compared to a satin (or indeed nitro) finish. That's just me though.

Ah gay my Eclipse has a satin finish so it's always smooth to the touch. Ever thought about running some fine steel wool up and down your neck? It's meant to remove some of that stickiness that happens.
cheers guys, sorry for the late reply - was in a hurry for school

Im playing through a modded peavey valveking 112

Youve pretty much made my mind up there, Jim Root sig here I come! Im not really a fan of the bling on the LTD and the comments on the finish have swayed me to the fender
Not bothered about having 24 frets, the only time I noticed a HUGE difference was on a PRS SE where the 24 fret is superior imo.