im planning on buying this Gibson SG Standard from my music shop. It's cherry red and is made new this year. Its $2000 dollars AU and it's down $1100 from the normal price of a standard in Australian which is $3100. I've played the guitar it sounds great, plays beautifully and is very comfortable. Do you guys think its a good deal?
Have you checked out allans, there having a massive sale on gibsons at the moment ...

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Promos/Specials/7.aspx

SG standard in cherry is $1899 AU there ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

No. It's not.

I see ads by people in my local advertising magazine selling them for about 1000-1200. I think you can do better if you look on the gumtree.com or something like that, and in the paper.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
not at all...thats like higher than RRP, if a SG usually costs $3100 than im the reincarnation of dimebag darrell
Quote by TheBackHouse
not at all...thats like higher than RRP, if a SG usually costs $3100 than im the reincarnation of dimebag darrell

Australia Dollars. Not American, Australian.
Quote by SOADriff
No. It's not.

I see ads by people in my local advertising magazine selling them for about 1000-1200. I think you can do better if you look on the gumtree.com or something like that, and in the paper.

Your not getting a new SG Standard for that. Maybe a Faded...
Quote by Jayman80
Your not getting a new SG Standard for that. Maybe a Faded...

Just thinking this too. RRP for a SG Standard is like $3100 and the usual (excluding sales, one offs, s/h, demo stock) price for the end user is more likely to be near $2500 I wouldn't know how desperate you'd need to feel to go down to $1000 but it just seems highly unlikely that the Gibson second hand market is that ****ed up.