Page 1 of 2
How exactly? I've seen lots of comments how he's "Asian Hetfield" and even the singer said that when they tried something different, everybody said that they were copying Metallica.

I've listened couple of tracks here and there from spotify, mostly from shogun and i honestly can't hear it.
and note that they origanally formed to play metallica covers
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
The stuff from The Crusade is very Metallica-esque. Just faster and heavier really. Ascendancy and Shogun and Ember to Inferno are quite different though.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I like Trivium and I can say they do emulate Metallica.

EDIT:
Quote by jmonko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-wCMJVUOaU Listen to that, its off The Crusade. I've listened to Shogun probably a dozen of so times maybe more, I don't hear it at all.

Perfect example.
Last edited by StringAssassin at Nov 23, 2009,
he tries to steal hetfield's "bark". Listen to down from the sky its really obvious on that song before he goes into the screamo BS.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
If you don't count the screaming, the vocals have a Hetfield kind of feel, but I wouldn't call them Metallica copy cats.
Quote by Shoebert
Ride the Rightning?

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
That YouTube video resembles Load/ReLoad Metallica. I can hear the influence, but then again, every band has song similarity to another if you listen hard enough. Never thought they had a Metallica sound until someone pointed it out. Fall Out Boy resembles the sound of a cat in a meat grinder but I don't see anyone complaining there.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
There's influence thre, definitely. But you could listen to 'to the rats' and say that they are a Slayer 'copy-cat' band. It's all just people trying to find some way to put them down.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Conformist
There is also another problem with the copying... Metallica - Trivium - BFMV

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

It's their album "The Crusade" that spawned all of this tripe. Huge a fan as I am, I can hear the Metallica-esque sound.

Though in the end, I don't care- simply because I like Trivium a hell of a lot more
Quote by SilverSpurs616
It's their album "The Crusade" that spawned all of this tripe. Huge a fan as I am, I can hear the Metallica-esque sound.

Though in the end, I don't care- simply because I like Trivium a hell of a lot more

After listening few tracks of "The Crusade" i can hear little "Hetfieldism" but i don't think it's that bad.
I don't get why so many people dis on Trivium though. There aren't many good newer metal bands out there, and Trivium I feel does a pretty good job. Unlike most new shit rock, they have solos in their songs, give them credit for that.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
TS, I see what you mean.

The Crusade is their most Metallica influenced CD. However, in an interview somewhere, Trivium stated that the album didn't turn out how they wanted it to.

Personally, I think they're heavily influenced by Metallica, but aren't trying to emulate them.

Also, this thread really shouldn't be in The Pit. Try the Trivium thread in Bands and Artists?
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Butt Rayge
He's not Asian anyway, he's American.

Who, Heafy? No, dude. He was born in Japan.

Anyway, I hear a very strong Metallica influence in Trivium - but I only really like a couple of their albums. It's not like it's a problem though.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Nov 23, 2009,
I don't know what the big fuss is about. Is it not okay to play in the style of music that your personal guitar heros do?

I can "hear" the Metallica influence, but I also hear their own distinctive sound in each record. I don't understand how someone can say "they SOUD LIKE metallica" but clearly they are not, Nor are they trying too. Trivium's release of Shogun is an even further departure from their Metallica roots. Though the fans are now unhappy because they no longer sound like Metallica.

If you look for them to be like metallica, then they will. Or you can LISTEN to the music and hear they have their own unique syle.

okay, end drunken rant. I'm off to bed.
Quote by vicd08
I don't get why so many people dis on Trivium though. There aren't many good newer metal bands out there, and Trivium I feel does a pretty good job. Unlike most new shit rock, they have solos in their songs, give them credit for that.

If you think there aren't a lot of good metal bands around right now, then you really aren't looking hard enough.

I personally despise Trivium for not only blatantly ripping off another band, but starting out as a metalcore band, then once they gain wind of metalcore not being "true metal" amongst the metalheads, they ditch it, become a faux thrash metal band and claim they were never metalcore.

simply put, they are a wannabes and their is nothing unique about them.
Quote by GREENWARRI0R
If you think there aren't a lot of good metal bands around right now, then you really aren't looking hard enough.

I personally despise Trivium for not only blatantly ripping off another band, but starting out as a metalcore band, then once they gain wind of metalcore not being "true metal" amongst the metalheads, they ditch it, become a faux thrash metal band and claim they were never metalcore.

simply put, they are a wannabes and their is nothing unique about them.

Fuck metalcore! We're for real!
Quote by jmonko
Wow, if you base your opinions of a band based on what someone labels their genre as then that's just sad. Whatever everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

wow if you read my post and then make a retarded comment completely missing the point of my post then that's just sad.
Quote by Shoebert
Ride the Rightning?

..........End of the Rine
All Nightmare Rong
That Was Just Your Rife

But seriously, their older stuff sounds very metallica-esque, but at least they are playing music with solos and good riffs (even though i dont like trivium)
Quote by username94
It has a penis so I'm assuming it's a man.

Quote by capsfan17
Whats the difference between a dead baby and a sandwich?

I dont fuck a sandwich before I eat it
Quote by Flying Couch
Who, Heafy? No, dude. He was born in Japan.

Anyway, I hear a very strong Metallica influence in Trivium - but I only really like a couple of their albums. It's not like it's a problem though.

Does he not live in America and have American citizenship though?
Quote by vicd08

There aren't many good newer metal bands out there? Man, where have you been.

Between the buried and me, The Black Dahlia Murder, Obscura... i can keep going
Quote by Butt Rayge
Does he not live in America and have American citizenship though?

Your nationality depends on where you were born and your parentage. Heafy is Japanese in both.
Oh I've never seen it that way. I don't really care. The way I see it, you're whatever you want to be. If he's born in Japan and wants to identify with Japan but lives in America, then I'd say he's Japanese. If he wants to be called an American, then he's American.
Racially, he's only half Asian anyway
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine both kinda went through a phase off butt fucking Metallica. But they've left that now, I mean if you listen to Shogun you can't say that's anything like Metallica.

Every band seems to go through an "embarissing" period shall we say.
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by Thrace
Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine both kinda went through a phase off butt fucking Metallica. But they've left that now, I mean if you listen to Shogun you can't say that's anything like Metallica.

Every band seems to go through an "embarissing" period shall we say.

Except for the ones that aren't shit.
Page 1 of 2