I broke the set of JJ's i had by dropping them like an idiot. I have $30 to spend. Gonna go to guitar center to get a matched pair. I need mah tubes now!

In my price range it seems I'm down to Ruby 6L6 and Svetlana 6L6. I play metal and need a good punchy detailed articulate harmonically rich tone, I like having edge in my sound. I also like shimmery cleans. The JJ's served me well, but now it's down to rubys and svetlana.. i dont know what to pick.

I like the fact that you can get the svetlanas in colors, which i think is pretty neat, they glow a certain color when theyre on.

I used to have a quad of ruby 6l6 in a peavey ultra plus i used to own and i was very satisfied with the sound. Previously, the ultra plus had svetlana 6l6's. But they broke. It's all coming back to me...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

I found the Ruby 6L6 can be a little too harsh.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well, my Mesa as it is has too much treble sometimes, even with the JJ's being "dark" so perhaps the rubies would be a bad choice if they have a shrill high end? Can anybody substantiate or negate this?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Between the two, Svetlana.
If you can get Winged =C= versions that's even better.
yooo forsakanaznrrtlel check your pms
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH