Page 1 of 3
Pay tribute to the great man, and all that he did for us in his tragically short life.

'Another dead hero.'

Share your thoughts.
No. He was a comedian who wasn't funny. In my opinion, that makes him a failure.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
No. He was a comedian who wasn't funny. In my opinion, that makes him a failure.

GTFO
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Ed Hunter

Amen to this man.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Ed Hunter

Lemme guess. You think Dane Cook is funny don't you...
Quote by Ed Hunter

Agree. He may have had interesting views, but he really wasn't funny.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
He was awesome, but as a comedian, a little fail. Plus he wouldn't be half has popular is Tool didn't mention him so much.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by GREENWARRI0R
Lemme guess. You think Dane Cook is funny don't you...

No, because he isn't funny either. Someone whinging about their political views far too often is not what a comedian should do. You're there to be funny, not to try and convert people to whatever political ideology you belong to.

Quote by titsmcgee852
The man had views that more people in this world need adopt. He was a shock Comedian not the B.S. Comedy Central crap! He pushed his opinions with anecdotes and dry humor! He should be praised for standing up and saying what should be said by many more people yet we are to scared! Its quite sad we lost such a great spokesperson for some of the more pertinent issues in our lives at a such a young age.

R.I.P. Bill Hicks you were an inspiration to many!
Quote by Ed Hunter

...wow. That's terrible. If you don't get Hicks, you don't get life's massive comedy.

Apart from his philosophy, however, the man practically mastered black comedy.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by HeritageQB11
The man had views that more people in this world need adopt. He was a shock Comedian not the B.S. Comedy Central crap! He pushed his opinions with anecdotes and dry humor! He should be praised for standing up and saying what should be said by many more people yet we are to scared! Its quite sad we lost such a great spokesperson for some of the more pertinent issues in our lives at a such a young age.

R.I.P. Bill Hicks you were an inspiration to many!

This guy knows what's up.

Quote by Firenze
...wow. That's terrible. If you don't get Hicks, you don't get life's massive comedy.

as does this person.
Quote by Firenze

Ha ha many of the people who say he wasn't funny was becasue they don't understand his humor, primarly because they are the one of the sheep he was making fun of!

This guy knows what's up.

Why thank you kind sir, Cheers!
Quote by HeritageQB11
Ha ha many of the people who say he wasn't funny was becasue they don't understand his humor, primarly because they are the one of the sheep he was making fun of!

Or because it doesn't appeal to their opinion of what is funny? By your logic, you're a sheep for liking Bill Hicks because other people like Bill Hicks and therefore I can make fun of you because I like other things. If that's the man's spin on the world, he was an idiot.

Quote by titsmcgee852
What the hell, I thought Bill Hicks was some Australian guy who got put in a detention center for a really long time.

I think I just did something to my back.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Abunai X
What the hell, I thought Bill Hicks was some Australian guy who got put in a detention center for a really long time.

I think I just did something to my back.

David Hicks brah.
One of my favorite Hicks bits was when he's talking about people who work in marketing and advertising and he goes, "and anyone out there who just thought 'hey, he's going for the anti-marketing bit, that's a huge market!' Fuck you."
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Ed Hunter
Or because it doesn't appeal to their opinion of what is funny? By your logic, you're a sheep for liking Bill Hicks because other people like Bill Hicks and therefore I can make fun of you because I like other things. If that's the man's spin on the world, he was an idiot.

The man never preached and demanded his audience believe a single word he said! Being that it is an audience viewing him most will share similar beliefs and views specific things. Please go back and study up on some of the topics he covered... like marketing and how it guides humans like sheep. As well as how we lives are heavily influenced by things with absolutely no intellectualism only power and greed what so ever! Doesn't sound like a preacher to me... more like a intelligent man putting more ideas out on the table for you to ponder and make decision based on your own assessment.

But hey everyone has there own view so its whatever.
Last edited by HeritageQB11 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Haze14
Pay tribute to the great man, and all that he did for us in his tragically short life.

'Another dead hero.'

Share your thoughts.

All that he did? He was a painfully average comedian with strong left leaning philospohies.

What exactly did he "do" for us?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
All that he did? He was a painfully average comedian with strong left leaning philospohies.

Died and attained an unwarranted status as a great comedian?

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by metacarpi

Aenima would have had three different tracks. Also, while I do maintain that other people have different opinions and blah blah blah, I do think that people who don't laugh at the things Hicks had to say are because they didn't really understand what he was saying.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Ed Hunter
Died and attained an unwarranted status as a great comedian?

Just curious, are you a fan of George Carlin?
Quote by metacarpi

Don't state your opinion as though it's fact.
Quote by HeritageQB11
Just curious, are you a fan of George Carlin?

No. To be fair, I don't think there's many American comedians at all who are in the same vein as the ones I like.

Quote by Haze14
Don't state your opinion as though it's fact.

Quote by Haze14

'Another dead hero.'

Share your thoughts.

Ahem. Pot and kettle springs to mind.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Last edited by Ed Hunter at Nov 23, 2009,
When he was funny, he was absolutely brilliant and hysterical. But when he was on his overly left-wing political rants, he was both incredibly annoying, and ridiculously naive and stupid.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
No. To be fair, I don't think there's many American comedians at all who are in the same vein as the ones I like.

May I ask who you do like?
He likes Dane Cook, read the last page.

Quote by Ed Hunter
Ahem. Pot and kettle springs to mind.

The last was a quote, and all life is tragic, and Hicks' legacy is quite old by now, so the great tag is justified.

I don't think what I said was hypocritical.
Last edited by Haze14 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Haze14
He likes Dane Cook, read the last page.

The last was a quote, and all life is tragic, and Hicks' legacy is quite old by now, so the great tag is justified.

I don't think what I said was hypocritical.

It's your opinion that he was great and the opinion of the person you quoted that he was a hero. I disagree, and you portrayed it as a fact.

In response to the person asking who I like as comedians:

I do not like Dane Cook, as I previously stated. I like comedians such as Eddie Izzard, Ross Noble, Alan Davies, Bill Bailey, David O'Doherty and Dylan Moran.

Quote by titsmcgee852

^ I expected a little better then that for such a bold claim...
TOOL
Quote by Ed Hunter
It's your opinion that he was great and the opinion of the person you quoted that he was a hero. I disagree, and you portrayed it as a fact.

In response to the person asking who I like as comedians:

I do not like Dane Cook, as I previously stated. I like comedians such as Eddie Izzard, Ross Noble, Alan Davies, Bill Bailey, David O'Doherty and Dylan Moran.

I like your taste.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Agreed! Some pretty good comedians in that bunch, but to say that most every other American comedian is futile to the ones "you" like is a little bit absurd!
TOOL
"People often ask me where I stand politically. It's not that I disagree with Bush's economic policy or his foreign policy, it's that I believe he was a child of Satan sent here to destroy the planet Earth. Little to the left."

Laughs were had.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by HeritageQB11
Agreed! Some pretty good comedians in that bunch, but to say that most every other American comedian is futile to the ones "you" like is a little bit absurd!

No. He said there aren't many American comedians with the type of comedy he likes. There wasn't any elitism.

I like some of Bill Hicks' stuff put I don't think he's as funny or clever as people make out. I really enjoy most of George Carlin's stuff though, he was able to say the more philosophical things AND make most of it funny.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by HeritageQB11

To be honest, America is overflooded with shitty comedians. I barely know any good ones aside of Bill Hicks.

Chris Rock? Hell no.
I apologize, got a little heated in the midst of a passionate debate! Its late here cut me some slack ha ha I do though feel america has had a rich verity of strong stand up comedians who have covered a wide range of topics over time.

Carlin definitely stands head and shoulders above hicks but think of what hicks could have done with many more years of experience as in Carlins case. Either way they where both brilliant lives and will be missed by many.
TOOL
Quote by frankv
To be honest, America is overflooded with shitty comedians. I barely know any good ones aside of Bill Hicks.

Chris Rock? Hell no.

At least Chris Rock wrote more than 10 jokes that he repeats at every show.
I think Bill Hicks was pretty niche with his style of comedy. I think that to like him, you had to think like him and have similar views. Otherwise I can understand why people don't like him.

I think he is brilliant though. He seemed to be using comedy as a channel for his views, not using his views to make comedy. That is what makes him stand out from those other (generally funnier) comedians. He makes you think.
ummm, you realize that was a few years ago right?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Ed Hunter

+1

Although, I do like Hicks from the one show I've seen. Ed Hunter, do you like Steve Hughes, perchance?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Page 1 of 3