So I've had my Schecter Blackhawk for a few years now and tbh i think it feels easily as good as my jackson, but it just doesnt sound the best (cheap guitar of course its not gonna be the best)

I was thinking about putting a new pickup in the bridge position, but what to get?

I play mainly stuff like Bullet, A7X, Disturbed and bits n pieces from Metallica and Megadeth.

I wanted quite a high output pickup and the first that grabbed my attention was an SD Invader. Has anyone got any other suggestions or thoughts upon the invader?

The guitar is basswood to anyone that needs to know.

I'd say I'd probably go to £100 at most for 1 but of course I'd prefer it under.
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by craig_mccann at Nov 23, 2009,
nobody?

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
because i love my "crappy guitar" lol

it feels great to play, n id probably say i play it more than the other 2

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Hmm. I dunno. Its made of basswood. Your best bet would be to get the Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pickup set. I think its a JB/'59, which are two very flexible pickups. A lot of guitarists use seymour duncans...

But BFMV, Metallica and Megadeth use EMG's... not so sure about disturbed... Maybe the invader. I can't really tell you.
seymour duncan jb/59, screamin demon, rockfield fat ass, mafia, dimarzio super distortion
a dimarzio super distortion sounds amazing (clean and distorted) in a basswood guitar. definitely my recommendation. if you wanted something heavier maybe the super 3. either way would be a great choice. love my super distortion
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
How much are you willing to spend? If it's in the neighborhood of $300 (don't worry, I also think it's too pricey) then you can't go wrong with Bareknuckle pickups. Go to their website and email the guy who runs it with your specifications and style. He'll email back with his reccomendation.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
well i was thinking along the lines of £100 at most, i thought id be able to get a decent pick up for that, im only going for 1 in the bridge the now, will stick a new 1 in the neck at a later date. But thanks for the recommendations, i think il check out the Dimarzio supers and the Screaming Demon. I couldnt use EMGs, sound horrible on my cube.

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
a dimarzio super distortion sounds amazing (clean and distorted) in a basswood guitar. definitely my recommendation. if you wanted something heavier maybe the super 3. either way would be a great choice. love my super distortion

This