i finally got the tone pretty close on my Bogner Alchemist. using a 609 and a 57 on the same speaker. the 609 in position 3 and the 57 in position 5 with the 57 running thru a Presonus tube pre-amp/compressor.

www.myspace.com/thethroathammer

sorry, i couldn't upload it to my profile; i only have the raw .wav file and not an mp3 version yet, so i have to link to my profile page...
My Band: Throat Hammer (Blackened Thrash)

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
drums are too loud in the mix ?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Quote by injected
drums are too loud in the mix ?

yea, probably just a little. i thought that too after i mixed it down and listened to it a couple of times...

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Blackstar HT100 & 4-12-Fulltone O.C.D./AMT P1-Jackson RR24RM (EMG 81 in bridge)-Ibanez RG321/SD Blackouts
That sounded pretty good, I felt an old-skool thing there that I liked.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Do I hear EzDrummer? Sounds a little like it anyway.

Loving the guitar tone but as said, a little work on the levels and you're there I reckon. Nice one!
404: Sig not found.
Quote by ChrisN
Do I hear EzDrummer? Sounds a little like it anyway.

Loving the guitar tone but as said, a little work on the levels and you're there I reckon. Nice one!

thanks a lot. the drums are just a DR-8 lol. that is just one guitar track, doubled, EQ'd and panned different to fill out the mix a little. i imagine that if i had actually done another track with a slightly different tone and guitar it would have definitely filled out quite a bit. still working on it, but i am glad you guys like the tune

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER

Sounds great!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
thanks guys. i will probably go back and do an actual second track with a slightly scooped tone and a different guitar. i will probably redo the bass line as well and keep it more consistent. definitely gonna make sure the drums get mixed a little better as well. my main concern was the mix being too bassy, but i think it was good as far as that went. i will also add a little more high end to the overall mix (sounded a bit muddy like i may have cut too much out in the final mix).

any other thoughts or opinions are gladly accepted

BLACKSTAR* BRIGADE

AMT ARMY- SSG SLAUGHTER