Hi, I was wandering around unregistered, but today I stand between hard decision, namely, buying a new guitar, so here I am, fully registered. I' m confused which one to pick up, should it be RG2570Z or LTD MH- 401QM? I play hard rock, metal, but sometimes I like to switch from disortion to clean. Which artists are my exemplify? Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett, Jason Becker. What can you tell me about pros and cons that come with those guitars?

Btw. Sorry for my bad english.
the rg would probably be your best bet as the emg's in the esp don't really like a clean tone very well, and also the fact you need to have a tube amp to get the best tone out of them
Well one's an Ibanez Prestige made in Japan, the others just a LTD guitar made in korea or indonesia. They are two differently priced guitars for two different markets really. Anyway have you played either models yet? I know my ibanez RG's neck is weird enough for me to not purchase another one.
I have played RG2550Z, which is similar to the RG2570Z and I liked it very much, I like thin necks, but then someone got my attention at that ESP LTD and said this is good guitar for metal too, never played that one.
Quote by Rocknight
I have played RG2550Z, which is similar to the RG2570Z and I liked it very much, I like thin necks, but then someone got my attention at that ESP LTD and said this is good guitar for metal too, never played that one.

the pickups in the esp realy make it a good guitar for playing metal, but since you want to change from distorion to clean the emg's are know for not sounding the best but the dimarzio's on the ibanez will give you the best of cleans and distorion, and the ibanez is handmade whilst the esp is not, both of the necks will be similar, but you best try both out and find the one you like
well, 400 series LTD vs a 2xxx series RG. The RG is going to be the better put-together instrument. That being said, the LTD has EMGs so build quality is almost irrelevant. Remember, you could stick EMGs into a 2x4, string it up, and they would sound just like they would if you'd have put them in a Gibson.

Anyways, if you've played an RG and liked the neck then get an RG. There isn't anything out there like it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The RG is the better of the two that you have listed.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Thanks guys for your help, I really appreciate it. I'm getting RG2570Z, can't wait till I will have it in my hands . Thanks again.