Page 1 of 7
So my car got broken in to.

They tried to nick the bit I stick my stereo fascia to and broke it, so now I have no stereo. They also rifled through my CDs but didn't take any - what a slap in the face!

Now here's the thing. They got in by prying back the top of the passenger-side door enough to reach in and unlock the door. Now the door has a good inch-or-so gap at the top. I've seen a few cars round my way with doors bent back in this way and now I've looked into it, it seems to be an increasingly-used tactic on cars made of out cheap flimsy materials like mine.

QUESTION, if one were to... accidentally sharpen the edge of the door / gaffer tape razors inside the edge of the frame, surely that's nobody's business but mine? And if I come out one morning to find blood down my window and some spare fingers on my seat, surely Mr Stumpy can't have any complaints?

TL;DR, How far can you/would you go to defend your own property from pilfering scrotefaces?
You'll probably get arrested for that. Or should, anyways. Try getting a car with better anti-theft security.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You can pry open the door far enough to get a hand in?
That sucks, what's the point of locking the door at all.
There was a guy on the news who did the razorblade thing on his window. Big fun for the firemen trying to save you from your burning house!
Well there was a thing in the news about a year ago where a farmer got sued by a man who was robbing his house and fell on a knife. So if you can get done for that, no doubt you'll get stung for it aswell.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
No you can't. It's to protect firefighters in case they have to break into your car and save you from a burning death. You're also liable for them sueing you because the car is your property and they get injured by your car. There have been lawsuits of criminals breaking into a house, getting shot, then they sue for injuries. There was even one lawsuit where a guy broke into a garage and got locked in, and had no food and had to live off of catfood for a weekend while the family was on vacation.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Kensai
You'll probably get arrested for that. Or should, anyways. Try getting a car with better anti-theft security.

Oh COME ON, I think it's an exellent bit of pre-emptive defence. What about the flamethrowers they have in the wheel rims in South America? This is unlikely to cause serious injury and would teach the theif a justly deserved lesson.
Quote by Beserker
Oh COME ON, I think it's an exellent bit of pre-emptive defence. What about the flamethrowers they have in the wheel rims in South America? This is unlikely to cause serious injury and would teach the theif a justly deserved lesson.

What, don't be all poor enough to force you into a life of crime? Oooh, I'm sure they'll get that lesson by having their fingers severed by a car.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I would set up some extremely bright lights inside on the driver's side to start flashing when the anti-theft alarm goes off.

that should stun any would-be car thieves long enough for the police to get there
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I've rigged everything that I own with 12-digit voice locks that are activated by touch. Don't get it right after 10 seconds, then there's a kilo of plastic explosives ready to be triggered.

Every. Single. Thing. Even stuff as tiny as a pen. Can't take that shit foregranted.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Kensai
What, don't be all poor enough to force you into a life of crime? Oooh, I'm sure they'll get that lesson by having their fingers severed by a car.

Yes. Yes they will. I know plenty of people poor enough to be 'forced' into crime, and yet they still manage to play by the rules. Or at least scab off state benefits instead of going out on the street and robbing others' property. At least in the developed countries most of UG resides in, no one needs to steal from cars if they have an ounce of drive about them.
Quote by Beserker

Are you honestly trying to justify your actions using South Africa as an example? You might as well say, "well you can shoot anyone you want in Fallout so it's okay in this situation"
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

QUESTION, if one were to... accidentally sharpen the edge of the door / gaffer tape razors inside the edge of the frame, surely that's nobody's business but mine? And if I come out one morning to find blood down my window and some spare fingers on my seat, surely Mr Stumpy can't have any complaints?

You could just not be a savage. And not keep any valuables in your car.
Last edited by webbtje at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

So we got this OP who's most likely in the 16-25 year old range (posting in the pit and all), and even more likely to either a) have a shitty job or b) in college/university. Now explain to me how he is supposed to get A NEW F*CKING CAR with all of his money? You sound like a spoiled rich piece of shit to me.

"Just buy a new car".. What are you retarded?

I don't know if it's a good idea to put razor blades because that'd be too conspicuous, but sharpening it wouldn't be a bad idea, you can just claim it's wear and tear on the car.. If anyone is stupid enough to try and rob you it's their own fault for being an idiot.

And to the post above me, are you telling me he is supposed to take his radio out every time he leaves his car? Thread full of retards today..
Last edited by toomooky at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by toomooky
So we got this OP who's most likely in the 16-25 year old range (posting in the pit and all), and even more likely to either a) have a shitty job or b) in college/university. Now explain to me how he is supposed to get A NEW F*CKING CAR with all of his money? You sound like a spoiled rich piece of shit to me.

can you read?

"try getting a car with better anti-theft security" =/= "just buy a new car"

one is a somewhat helpful suggestion, the other is just being a prick.

EDIT: nevermind, multi.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by toomooky

Theres also the chance that he's a CEO of a multinational corporation in his mid 50's who's just a tad tight with money.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by toomooky

I don't know if it's a good idea to put razor blades because that'd be too conspicuous, but sharpening it wouldn't be a bad idea, you can just claim it's wear and tear on the car.. If anyone is stupid enough to try and rob you it's their own fault for being an idiot.

And to the post above me, are you telling me he is supposed to take his radio out every time he leaves his car? Thread full of retards today..

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by toomooky

This is common practice with the old style ones that have an eject button that makes them pop out. It takes 5 seconds. You never know where the scousers are.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Kensai

Why should he be arrested for that?
Quote by Captain Capo

Because it's illegal in most of the world.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Captain Capo

I don't think you'd be arrested for just having blades on your car, but if someone cut their fingers off on them, you'd get done for GBH (or at least ABH).

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Captain Capo
What the hell is GBA and ABD?

Grievous bodily harm, actual bodily harm.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Sorry, GBH (grievous bodily harm) and ABH (actual bodily harm).

they're offences under the offences against the person act 1861.

Quote by element4433
Ahh I see, I think it's bullshit people don't have the right to protect their property without risk anyway if you ever had 4 guys kick in your door with guns you would know why I feel that way. Granted thats more extreme but where I live if you have a sign that says no trespassing and somebody comes onto your property you can smoke them, especially if they are attempting robbery or harm atleast thats what I've always heard
Last edited by Captain Capo at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by toomooky

A friend of mine (classmate) actually does that every time he leaves his car. That's like 2-3 times a day. A few weeks ago he actually forgot to close his right window (I don't know how stupid you have to be to not notice that) and when a classmate told him after he noticed it everyone laughed at him, but I guess it was his luck that he's always taking his radio out.
No you can't. ^ To Capt. Capo
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Captain Capo
Ahh I see, I think it's bullshit people don't have the right to protect their property without risk anyway if you ever had 4 guys kick in your door with guns you would know why I feel that way. Granted thats more extreme but where I live if you have a sign that says no trespassing and somebody comes onto your property you can smoke them, especially if they are attempting robery or harm atleast thats what I've always heard

you can, but the force has to be reasonable.

cutting peoples fingers off for what might not even be a crime, would mean that's unlikely to be seen as reasonable. especially as they're there all the time i.e. they're not directed at an immediate danger.

a guy got away with having petrol bombs to protect his property, but that was because there was in immediate danger that he was responding to.

EDIT: trespassing doesn't automatically give you the right to shoot someone. at least not over here.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Jackal58
No you can't. ^ To Capt. Capo

Then why do they call it the make my day law?
Quote by Captain Capo

That's only in colorado as far as I'm aware. And that's because it's worded differently than other state's defences.

also, the trespassing needs to have occurred for criminal purposes, or the homeowner needs to have reasonably believed the trespasser was there for illegal purposes.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Captain Capo
Ahh I see, I think it's bullshit people don't have the right to protect their property without risk anyway if you ever had 4 guys kick in your door with guns you would know why I feel that way. Granted thats more extreme but where I live if you have a sign that says no trespassing and somebody comes onto your property you can smoke them, especially if they are attempting robbery or harm atleast thats what I've always heard

Y'see, I think that's bullshit because it sets a stupid precedent that could be misinterpreted and misused in so many ways that it'd cause far more harm than good.
Quote by Vornik
Ahh either way there's nothing stopping me from pulling the trigger if someone ever comes in on me again law or not. Nothing better than having 4 large african americans putting a glock in your face I thought I was gonna shit myself.
Quote by Captain Capo

You must be in imminent danger. You can't just shoot people walking across your lawn. If you could I'd have hundreds of trophies hanging from my garage.
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Put fake dynamite sticks (with a timer on them) in the back seat, then attach wires from them to the windows. That should freak them out.
^ Might also draw attention from the cops.

Quote by Captain Capo
Ahh either way there's nothing stopping me from pulling the trigger if someone ever comes in on me again law or not. Nothing better than having 4 large african americans putting a glock in your face I thought I was gonna shit myself.

Right, and if you had your way there'd be nothing stopping me from rigging my entire block of land with highly potent chemical explosives with enough energy to level a couple of city blocks.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by Jackal58
You must be in imminent danger. You can't just shoot people walking across your lawn. If you could I'd have hundreds of trophies hanging from my garage.
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Well I've seen on the news and heard stories about alot of hunters being shot for trespassing and the person doing the shooting not getting in trouble, but that was awhile ago I haven't heard of any in a long time. I was under the empression that you could blast them only if they where coming into your house.
Last edited by Captain Capo at Nov 23, 2009,