Page 1 of 2
so i was discussing with my cousin who has been driving for a year and he was telling me how when he passed, instead of going out on a friday night drinking, he'd fill up his car, get some good cds and drive somewhere he'd never been before

so pit, what are some of your favourite things to do when driving?
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
freeway driving. that's about it
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Can't drive yet, don't want to.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Throwing out bananas to slow down traffic behind me.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I only have my permit, not to much longer till I can get my license. I'll probably do what your cousin did, because that's just really fun. lol
i dont drive yet but i cant imagine it losing the novelty, i can see my self always enjoying driving, does anyone not enjoy driving anymore?
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
I love driving. It's so relaxing. I love just being on an empty road, just driving around, getting lost, finding my way out.

and I know this sounds weird...

I've been in two car accidents. Don't get me wrong, those were two of the most frightening experiences I've ever had. And it sucked. And the aftermath was stressful to deal with. But in those 3 seconds when it's happening, beyond the element of fear, there's kind of a crazy freeing moment. Like everything else is just patterns, and right now there's a break in the pattern, and chaos is occurring right before your eyes. And then it's scary again.

...I've had too much coffee. Don't listen to anything I just said.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I will be able to drive in a few weeks and I can't wait mainly because it means I won't have to catch the bus everywhere
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
I only drive to work and a friend's house. I've been doing it for about five years, and I hate it. Other drivers piss me off too much.
Quote by Reaper2502
i dont drive yet but i cant imagine it losing the novelty, i can see my self always enjoying driving, does anyone not enjoy driving anymore?

depends were you're driving. i used to live in a little village and driving around the little twisty back roads and big open main roads was quite fun.

now i live in a big city, creeping through the streets and getting stuck in traffic has drained every last bit of fun out of driving.
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Having whomever is in the passenger seat, while passing a person on a bicycle or just walking, strike him/her by opening the door.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Quote by Run Erratic
depends were you're driving. i used to live in a little village and driving around the little twisty back roads and big open main roads was quite fun.

now i live in a big city, creeping through the streets and getting stuck in traffic has drained every last bit of fun out of driving.

i would suppose, it depends on what car your driving too
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
i like driving on nice days. Its a real chore do go out at night, in poor weather though, especially if its a long trip
I'm not old enough to drive yet, but I'm mega excited for when I can (47 days and I can start properly learning ). The main appeal of it for me, bar my love of cars, is just being able to lock myself in somewhere with my music and just go away somewhere to escape from whatevers going on at home.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
i like driving on nice days. Its a real chore do go out at night, in poor weather though, especially if its a long trip

i absolutely love night driving. except in the country, where there are deer
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Scream at other people.

I've been driving for 12 years. It quickly loses its lustre.

Now motorcycling, on the other hand, that's just awesome. I'll take 100-200 mile rides for absolutely no reason at all, but a bike is a lot more fun than a car.
Hi, I'm Peter
Once I drove with a contact high that was weird news. I went through a 3 way red light like a stop sign overall it was an odd experience I couldn't focus on driving.
But sometimes I am just bored with driving and would rather be somewhere else
I am also very surprised with the amount of non drivers here
Last edited by pnkhrdwndr at Nov 23, 2009,
Here's what you need:
Car-full of friends
Lots of music
Caffeine

What you do:
Go out to the highway, pick a direction, and start driving.
Don't stop until she's empty
Fill up, turn around, and head back home.

Good adventure
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon
I hate driving... It's awesome to space out and pass out while someone you trust is driving and listening to some awesome music though.
Quote by nakki
Throwing red turtle shells at other drivers.

nah blue turtle shells or the big browser shell
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

my favorite things to do when driving is just get in the car, drive where i need to go, dropping off items for people in other counties and whatnot. anything for money. perferably with a dog in the passanger seat
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Driving while stoned.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
He to whom this emotion is a stranger,
who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,
is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
- Albert Einstein
My later teenage years were spent killing the earth with my excessive driving. When I started driving, gas in the us was right around $1 a gallon. Me and my buddies would go explore new places every weekend, just spend all of Saturday or Sunday taking highways until we hit junctions then switching to the new highway.

We had many great adventures and it was a lot more healthy and productive than a lot of the activities a teenager could be involved in on a Saturday night.

Maybe it's because I'm from a rural area, but nothing beats getting out in the open spaces on the 2 lane highways, or exploring new little towns that you'd never seen before. If I still had the luxury of spending my weekends that way, I'd probably be a much happier, healthier person.
Driving an SUV that gets 13 mpg really takes the fun away from driving, I decide on what to do based on how much gas its going to cost me.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Roadhead? For sure.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Nov 23, 2009,
Being able to run down minorities
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
i am jealous of you pit monkeys that can drive ¬¬

i still have a year and 3 months to wait
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
I love driving when noone else is on the road. It relaxes me. When there's a lot of other drivers though I just end up raging.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Blazing a blunt and cruising down the highway listening to my driving playlist on my iPod and usually ending up getting lost along the way.

Also, driving a BMW

EDIT: That's manual. Automatic cars blow.
Knocking over old ladies and taking their shopping.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
The best thing about driving is preparation and maintenance.
I like to lube my dipstick before sliding it in.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The best part about driving is when you're not in a hurry, there's not much traffic, you got the windows down, and are blasting awesome music. That's one of the best feelings in the world.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by mikko 9119
i absolutely love night driving. except in the country, where there are deer

hahahaha, I've had my licesne for a little over a month now and have gotten soooooo close to hitting 13 or 14 deer now, I hate those ****ers... they are attracted to whatever car I am driving, about 9 of those deer I almost hit were in teh eight months I had my permit
stupid ****ing animal
Page 1 of 2