I play metal (everything from Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer, to Killswitch Engage, In Flames and Machine Head) and I need a combo amp that can cover all of these styles. I dont have tonnes of money unfortunately so my choices are a bit limited. I was going to save up for a Bugera 6262 combo which cost £409.99, but ive just been looking into the Randall G3's, particularly the RG75G3+ which costs £299. I currently have £300 towards an amp, so the question is would the Randall cover the stuff I mentioned or would I be better saving a bit more for the Bugera? I only play in my bedroom atm but I still want the best tone possible, so which should I go for?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by GS LEAD 5
The Bugera sounds thicker than the Randalls IMO.....listen to them and take whatever you like most.
Note: Bugeras are a bit on the unre;liablr side.

Unfortunately my local guitar store doesnt stock either Randall's or Bugera's so im unable to play either. However ive listened to lots of youtube clips and the Bugera seems to sound better, yet ive also heard good Randall clips. I have been told the Bugera reliability issues have been resolved, hence why they are selling for a little more now than they used to.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
go and play them before you even bother asking - and dont limit yourself to 2 potential amps, there are many options that would work for you, but its up to you to find what you like the best

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Bugera's deliver good tone (for the price) but they use cheaper components so BEWARE of the durability. Randall is probably not so bad but it can't replace the warmth of a tube amp.

My choice would be: Peavey 6505+ (460 pounds). You already have a noise suppressor (which you NEED for this amp) so you're good to go.

Sell the Metalzone/tone destroyer and buy a Tubescreamer - Maxon OD 808 (This is the REAL Tubescreamer). Lastly, buy a Tuner pedal and you have a gig-ready setup.

Cheers !
Quote by Charlie4
Bugera's deliver good tone (for the price) but they use cheaper components so BEWARE of the durability. Randall is probably not so bad but it can't replace the warmth of a tube amp.

My choice would be: Peavey 6505+ (460 pounds). You already have a noise suppressor (which you NEED for this amp) so you're good to go.

Sell the Metalzone/tone destroyer and buy a Tubescreamer - Maxon OD 808 (This is the REAL Tubescreamer). Lastly, buy a Tuner pedal and you have a gig-ready setup.

Cheers !

The 6505+ combo's arent released yet, dont think they are coming out til Feburary over here.

The metal zone is a great pedal when used like I use it (as a boost), I run it with level knob maxed, gain knob at zero, and eq's at noon. This provides a nice clean boost, it doesnt use any of the metal zones gain so it doesnt end up sounding like crud. I tried out a number of amps the other week and took my pedals along with me, I tried an MXR ZW-44 and it didnt have as much gain as my metal zone does.

Like I said Bugera have apparently fixed their reliability issues (which were pretty much exclusive to the 333XL's anyway) so im not too concerned about that, im more concerned about the tone. I want an amp that sounds fantastic and from what ive heard the Bugera sounds fantastic with some people actually saying they prefer them to the Peavey's due to them having better cleans and a tighter bottom end.

But at the end of the day I cannot comfirm what ive heard because im unable to try the amps out in person, which is why I need as much feedback from people on here as possible.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
In terms of the Bugera, are you able to play the amp at relatively loud levels? Like, I mean 8 o'clock? That is quite loud, so a little below should be fine, but that is not particularly ideal if you enjoy practising at 1 in the morning and live in an apartment block with angry neighbours.

I personally think the Bugera is better suited for those who are gigging. While the Randall, although nothing special, is more appropriate for home practise.

To be honest, though, I think a Blackstar HT-5 sounds right up your alley. You can pick up the head for £250 and a cheap 1x12 on ebay. It may go over your budget, so the combo or HT-5 Ministack could be in order.

HT-5
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blackstar-HT-5H-HT5-Dual-Channel-5-Watt-Valve-Head_W0QQitemZ350213851164QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item518a5f481c

Orange 2x12
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-PPC212OB-2-x-12-Guitar-Cabinet-NEW_W0QQitemZ250499329901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item3a52ec6f6d

Marshall 1936
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marshall-2x12-1936_W0QQitemZ230400903509QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item35a4f6c955

Mesa Boogie
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mesa-Engineering-2-x-12-Horizontal-Rectifier-Cab_W0QQitemZ160379014603QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item2557558dcb

Framus Dragon 1x12
http://www.thomann.de/ie/framus_fr112cb.htm

Orange 1x12
http://www.thomann.de/ie/orange_ppc112.htm

etc.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
In terms of the Bugera, are you able to play the amp at relatively loud levels? Like, I mean 8 o'clock? That is quite loud, so a little below should be fine, but that is not particularly ideal if you enjoy practising at 1 in the morning and live in an apartment block with angry neighbours.

I personally think the Bugera is better suited for those who are gigging. While the Randall, although nothing special, is more appropriate for home practise.

To be honest, though, I think a Blackstar HT-5 sounds right up your alley. You can pick up the head for £250 and a cheap 1x12 on ebay. It may go over your budget, so the combo or HT-5 Ministack could be in order

I dont play too loud, but I dont play at whisper volumes either. I know a guy who has the 333XL halfstack and he plays in his bedroom no problem. Id have thought a combo was mainly designed to be played in a bedroom anyway.

I tried the Blackstar out in a store and TBH I dont think it was voiced right for modern metal. It sounded good playing Metallica, but not that great for downtuned modern stuff.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator