OI comerades

so I bought a new fuzz pedal and being the inpatient idiot that I am I plugged a 12V adapter into my pedal which apparently needs a 9 volt adapter.

So I got alot of hum and buzz, but the pedal didn't die, the led still burned etc.

Then I realised that I effed up and switched the pedal off.

so did I damage my pedal?

I'm going to buy the right adapter tomorrow but do you guys think my pedal will still work or is it damaged?
I would still try the 9v adapter. Usually there is some form of protection in the pedal circuits which would explain you only hearing noise. But if it doesn't have any type of protection then i would think you overload the ic's inside. Which means in that case yea its fried.
oh and I opened it to check if something was burned but didn't see anything

EDIT: it's a blackout effectors musket
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, I know that some pedals use the LED as a Diode, kinda like a fuse to protect the circut, and if it burned out you might have to replace it, but idk.

I didn't ment the led burned out but I wanted to say that it was working (burning)
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, I know that some pedals use the LED as a Diode, kinda like a fuse to protect the circut, and if it burned out you might have to replace it, but idk.

This is what i was thinking as well. If this pedal does use the LED as its diode and it did not burn out then its most likely ok. So try 9v and never do that again
Quote by CrysisFX
This is what i was thinking as well. If this pedal does use the LED as its diode and it did not burn out then its most likely ok. So try 9v and never do that again

I hope you're right, that pedal cost me too much money
Quote by ComradSputnik
I hope you're right, that pedal cost me too much money

I think you should be alright I'd worry more about the input current than the voltage. If that adapter had a higher current than the pedal requires along with the higher voltage, then there could have been some damage.

It's higher current that fries things usually. You can have hundreds of volts flowing through your body and a teeeenie current and you would likely not feel a thing

Hope your pedal survived mate
Last edited by XtAsY2007 at Nov 23, 2009,
Oh good, I guess you just pan seared it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!