Well I have been gassing to mod a guitar. So I think to myself, Why not hot rod a strat?

Well Heres the thing... Im a LP man. I know nothing about strats. So I kind of need help. Budget isnt really an issue, because I have none right now and would just be saving up for whatever. I have a generic strat copy. Should I just mod that or pick up a mexistrat? also, to hot rod a strat what pickups are suggested?
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
as long as the neck is ok and the guitar you already has plays alright i would mod that. modding can be expensive (depending on what you want to do) so i would definitely start with what you already have. but yeah, new switches and pickups can get pretty expensive.

and if you end up liking the mods you've preformed and hate the guitar parts you can always swap them into a new guitar down the road. anyway, thats what i'd do
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
well if you've got the cash I say pick up a mexican strat, they are very nice and more worthy of the mods IMO, if not a good squier like the classic vibe will do as well. However if you are more of an LP guy you might dig a Tele more, I know I go back and forth between LP Jrs and Teles all the time an I love it, it feels "right"
Also what music do you play?
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
well I have my Gibby/LTD for classic rock. And a RR24 for metal. I really play every thing from classical to country to rock to metal to ska to punk.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
and I try and try and try but I cant get into a tele, it just feels awkward to me.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
it's cool different strokes for different folks my friend. Well in that case I say you go for a Made in Mexico strat and put in some GFS lil killer rail humbuckers and I think you'll be able to go from punk ska to heavy music
http://store.guitarfetish.com/casetof3lilk1.html
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
I do want to mention, if you like the Gibson neck, you can buy a warmoth neck to meet your Gibson needs that fits with for the strat neck, if you don't like the neck that is.

Mod your pickups, I'd advise against prewired pickguards, because it'd be better to have your own choice in what you want it to sound like. You should buy a pickguard if you plan on sticking a humbucker anywhere in it.

What are you looking for with it? SSS? HSS? HSH(Dave Murray)?
SSS most definately
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60