Hey guys, I'm writing this on behalf of my brother who is thinking of taking up bass,
He is looking for a bass starter pack, For around £200, But he doesn't know which one is the best to get.
He is thinking of getting:
An Ibanez GSR 190 JE Bass Jumpstart Pack (www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-gsr-bass/66291)
or a Peavey Zodiac Stage Pack (http://www.google.co.uk/products?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4ADRA_enGB344GB351&q=peavey+zodiac+stage+pack&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=5-EKS_rNOMeA4Qa6opDGCw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQzAMwAw).
Personally, I don't know a thing about bass' but if any of you guys would happen to know of a Bass guitar pack, (Including a Bass amp, a lead, A bass, A bass tuner, and an extra pack of strings) which is good for metal for around £200 please let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Rick.
Last edited by Harrop666 at Nov 23, 2009,
i'm not a big fan of starter packs but i'd go for the ibanez
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by shmbluh12
Sorry, but, a lead?
Am I being daft? Wtf do you mean? :P

...cable...?
Quote by shmbluh12
Sorry, but, a lead?
Am I being daft? Wtf do you mean? :P

he means a cable

both Ibanez and Peavey make good basses though I've never herd of that model by Peavey and I'm getting a 404 error with that link
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by gibson jack
...cable...?

Excuse me for not knowing every synonym for a cable in a language that's not my native language.
Thanks Guys, I updated the link so it shows the bass guitar pack, Also sorry about the "lead" I meant cable ^^
I am a proud owner of a lower end ibanez, and i have to say the ibanez looks alot better than the peavey in terms of bang for your buck. I also own the ibanez 10 watt bass amp that comes in the ibanez pack. um... about that amp... its okay for a beginner to get on his feet, but you will really REALLY want to upgrade in about a year or not sooner because you can't really get any sort of good tone of the amp.

I would say go ibanez because you can trust ibanez with quality of their lower end and because the link has told me that it is also cheaper.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
the Ibanez pack.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by shmbluh12
Excuse me for not knowing every synonym for a cable in a language that's not my native language.

You asked, he answered, now stop being a d*ck. Also, is ENGLISH not your 'native language'????

OT: I'd definately go with the Ibanez, BUT if you're willing to go used (or, should I say, if your brother is willing to go used), then you will get a lot more for your money, especially if you can up your budget just a teeny bit. If you don't wanna go used then a starter pack could be the way, and having used the Ibanez myself I'd recommend it. [Get it in red! lol....]

EDIT: This guy above me has 4 Ibanez guitars (2 bass and 2 electic guitar), so no surprise what he recommended lol, he owns that many for a reason though. Ibanez make good stuff.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Last edited by cm261 at Nov 23, 2009,
^ first of all it might not be, and also, there are more than a couple different dialects.

The only advantage that seems blatant to me with the Peavey is that it has an instructional DVD. Which is useless if your brother is going to take lessons. In which case, Ibanez. Or Ibanez either way, because it's probably a better quality, and considering that the Ibanez has two types of pick-ups. I'd list more reasons, but I have to go. Tell your brother happy bassing.
^ Exactly, great links as well by the way
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington

basschat.co.uk
I'd go 2nd hand defo. I got a 5 string peavey grind off ebay for ~£205 with a hard case and practice amp (=~£350-450 new).
Last edited by jimRH7 at Nov 24, 2009,
Ibanez. I love Ibanez.
HAVE A NICE DAY!

[IMG]http://www.bdcwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cactus_jack_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d51sqcw.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by cm261
You asked, he answered, now stop being a d*ck. Also, is ENGLISH not your 'native language'????

He did answer, but the way he answerred is what bothered me.
And, no, in the Netherlands you tend not to grow up with English as your native language.
Quote by smoots
I am a proud owner of a lower end ibanez, and i have to say the ibanez looks alot better than the peavey in terms of bang for your buck.

I own a low end Ibanez (which has been souped up to the point where it is now worth about 1000% more than i paid for it) and a peavey millenium, and the Ibanez is the better instrument by far.

Quote by shmbluh12

You are excused, now learn the language the board is in and kindly stop complaining.
I also started with the Ibanez Jumpstart package. For its price, a very good starters bass. Good playability and decent tone.
ibanez starter packs or look in the used market for a bit more higher end versions of those instruments and maybe a more powerful amp would be a good option imo aswell.

I mean even tho it was cash converters i was walking past and saw a nice Ibby SR going for £150 which is pretty good and its one that retails bout double the price sadly i didnt have my student loan or i would have got it in a hearbeat LMAO.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by shmbluh12
He did answer, but the way he answerred is what bothered me.
And, no, in the Netherlands you tend not to grow up with English as your native language.

Sorry then, my bad. You're English is fantastic by the way (to the point that I thought you actually were English, as you may have noticed, lol...). How come the Dutch speak such good English. I retract my d*ck comment, I'm the d*ck apparently lol

Quote by Casketcreep
You are excused, now learn the language the board is in and kindly stop complaining.

and so is he.
Quote by bodyheatseeker

Quote by Scutchington

basschat.co.uk
Quote by cm261
Sorry then, my bad. You're English is fantastic by the way (to the point that I thought you actually were English, as you may have noticed, lol...). How come the Dutch speak such good English. I retract my d*ck comment, I'm the d*ck apparently lol

Thanks. I don't know. Possibly the fact that movies here don't get dubbed.
Quote by shmbluh12
Thanks. I don't know. Possibly the fact that movies here don't get dubbed.

i always thought they did and if thats a Maximum the hormone avatar then i officially deem you awesome
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101
i always thought they did and if thats a Maximum the hormone avatar then i officially deem you awesome

Yes, my man, yes it is.
What does your bro say then Harrop?
Quote by bodyheatseeker

Quote by Scutchington

basschat.co.uk
Quote by cm261
What does your bro say then Harrop?

He's going to go with the Ibanez starter pack and save money for a better amp too
I do love Ibanez's myself but I didnt't know if they were good for basses haha

Thanks everyone