oh hai guize

So im buying an acoustic, most probably an Epiphone Hummingbird Artist Limited.
I quite like how it looks, and have liked the sound of the regular hummingbirds (and quite like the vintage style tuners on this one).
And well, obviously, I'd like to keep it in a safe environment when im not using it, and that leads me to hardcases.
Thing is, i would take it from place to place a lot, and the problem isn't safety here, what im questioning is:
Would a softcase (like this: http://www.thomann.de/pt/thomann_softcase_western.htm) give me the same kind of safe environment (from humidity and shit) a hard case would?

thanks
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Last edited by Popsai at Nov 23, 2009,
There are some soft cases that provide the same protection a hard case would. My bass case is like 5-6lbs without the bass in it... it's a pain to lug around, and has an awkward handle. That looks like a nice case.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
If you value your guitar, put it in a fitted hard case.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I guess it depends on whether you will leave the guitar in a car or the like for longer time, then a hard case could probably protect more from humidity. But if it's for small/short trips when transporting the guitar I'd say a soft case would be fine, at least it's much more convenient.

Now I haven't owned many hardcases, but I tell you, I really wouldn't like to drag my Breedlove hardcase around. It's heavy like a tank.
Quote by redneckrebel
Hardcase they protect your guitar better, it's just that easy.

Yeah i know, but the kind of protection im looking for here is not from banging it and stuff.
Just wondering how it would stand up to a decent quality hardcase.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Hardcase hands down. Doesn't matter what kind of protection you want it to provide, the hardcase is ALWAYS the better protection option.

Oh, and you HAVE done side-by-side comparisons of that guitar with other ones, right? Just making sure.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Hardcase hands down. Doesn't matter what kind of protection you want it to provide, the hardcase is ALWAYS the better protection option.

I agree mate. I too debated the merits of a soft case vs a hard one for a guitar I purchased about a year ago and I definitely would have regretted purchasing the soft case for protection. That said, a hard case still doesn't completely protect from dust.
Quote by VictorRaikkonen
I agree mate. I too debated the merits of a soft case vs a hard one for a guitar I purchased about a year ago and I definitely would have regretted purchasing the soft case for protection. That said, a hard case still doesn't completely protect from dust.

Unless you have drilled holes in the case, or live in a desert, I'd say it's free from dust in any case that is closed properly.
don't know if this has been said, but i'd buy the seagull TRIC case.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip