I'm wondering whether I should get a 2x12 Zilla cab or a 1x12 Martamp Cab. I've heard that the Martamp quality is better than Zilla, but I'm not sure if I should get the Zilla for the 2 speakers for a fuller tone?

Zilla 2x12" (celestion G12H30's) Approx - £300

Martamp 1x12" cab (Celestion G12H30) Approx - £280

Cheers,
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
You mean Matamp?

Personally I'd go for the Zilla, I've honestly never heard of the company, but I've never really liked 1x12 cabs. £20 more for a larger enclosure, which means better bass response and an overall "bigger" sound, plus the same speaker that comes in the Matamp, better deal to me The Matamp might be built better, but I honestly can't see it sounding better than a 2x12.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by MatrixClaw
You mean Matamp?

I thought I was just ignorant so I didn't ask that...

TS - For me, it would take a HUGE discrepancy in build quality for me to pay about the same for the 1x12. I'm not familiar with these makes, but if they are both similar wood I would get the 2x12... If the 'Zilla' is particle board however, get the Matamp.

At least that's what I'd do.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I would probably get the Zilla.

And I'm pretty sure there's both Martamp and Matamp.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i would see how much martamp charges for a 2x12. Though that's probably cheating as i've already talked about this with him in another thread

EDIT: and yeah, martamp and matamp are different companies. martamp changed its name to mjw because of all the confusion. Plus i think the mjw guy used to work for matamp, too, to add to the confusion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?