Say you had a stick and this dog came up to you and wanted to eat you. What would be the best way to fight the dog, would you just swing at it or use it a a spear or what.
Btw it doesnt have to be a dog, it could any other animal that eats people. And also the stick would probably be around 1m or something like that.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Throw the stick, yell "go fetch!", run away.

or

Wait for it to get just barely within the 1m range and....WHAPPO! Baseball swing FTW.
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon
>________________>

I don't trust you. I'm sure you're gonna take the most common defense mechanism that people use and think of the perfect way to counter that so you can eat us.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by CrackAddict2000
>________________>

I don't trust you. I'm sure you're gonna take the most common defense mechanism that people use and think of the perfect way to counter that so you can eat us.

ITS A TRAP!
wakka wakka wakka wakka
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by CrackAddict2000
>________________>

I think you need help

...I also think you're right
Quote by CrackAddict2000
>________________>

So TS is a dog?
I would brake it down in to very small parts, which I would stack one on top of the other, and then stand on top of, out of the dogs reach. Then, when it turned around to get a better look (after all, dogs can neither look up nor walk backwards), I would jump on top of it, and snap it's neck.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Well if it seemed interested in the stick I would throw it and run the opposite direction. Or stab it in it's mouth as it's jumping up at me to chomp my face off.
Quote by JDawg
Well if it seemed interested in the stick I would throw it and run the opposite direction. Or stab it in it's mouth as it's jumping up at me to chomp my face off.

king leonidas...is that you!
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by benonbass1
What about a Pointed Stick?

Would that possibly be a monty python reference there?
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
I think it's more important to be able to defend yourself from fresh fruit.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Black Rat 1214
Would that possibly be a monty python reference there?

I believe it was.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Dogs eat people?!

Size of the animal would matter to me, also the type of attack. Is it a food bite or a territorial bite? A poodle or a polar bear? Small dogs get a block. A mid-size dog might get a firm smack or two. A large dog trained for protection is going to need much more.

Since you said "eat", I'll assume its a large predator, like a bear or a lion. In which case, I'd want to inflict as much damage as possible, because odds are stacked against me surviving.

Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Just crack it in the head with the stick. That'll make it think twice if it doesn't knock it unconscious or kill it.

Quote by millerdrr
Dogs eat people?!

Size of the animal would matter to me, also the type of attack. Is it a food bite or a territorial bite? A poodle or a polar bear? Small dogs get a block. A mid-size dog might get a firm smack or two. A large dog trained for protection is going to need much more.

Since you said "eat", I'll assume its a large predator, like a bear or a lion. In which case, I'd want to inflict as much damage as possible, because odds are stacked against me surviving.

A few months ago here a postman was seriously mauled by a german shepard. One of his arms was almost chewed off (to the point where it had to be amputated) and he lost half of his face. Dogs can be vicious things when they want to be. Breeds like german shepards are easily capable of killing a man.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 23, 2009,
I'd go macgyver on his ass and turn the stick into a radio-infected female dog, after which they fall in love and make deformed little puppy's, causing the dog to regret ever meeting me, **** prevention, how's that for revenge
I would just pull my gun and fire a warning shot, that would likely cause the animal to flee, if not well ,then I think you can imagine what comes next.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by IDread
A few months ago here a postman was seriously mauled by a german shepard. One of his arms was almost chewed off (to the point where it had to be amputated) and he lost half of his face. Dogs can be vicious things when they want to be. Breeds like german shepards are easily capable of killing a man.

Those are aggressive behavior issues, though. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've never heard of a dog attacking a human for food, as in predator-prey situations.

Dogs have almost identical DNA to wolves, and they are capable of producing fertile offspring together. Do wolves count? In the case of wolf pack attack, or even a large territorial dog like a german shep or a pit, I'd want to do some serious swinging of the stick, fast and hard...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Wolves dont really count as they would hunt in packs and there would be no way to defend yourself against that. Just talking about a single animal.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Quote by millerdrr
Those are aggressive behavior issues, though. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've never heard of a dog attacking a human for food, as in predator-prey situations.

Dogs have almost identical DNA to wolves, and they are capable of producing fertile offspring together. Do wolves count? In the case of wolf pack attack, or even a large territorial dog like a german shep or a pit, I'd want to do some serious swinging of the stick, fast and hard...

Unfortunately I have had to defend myself from a dog and I was fortunately very successful in doing so by kicking it in the head but a stick would have made the whole thing much easier. The fact that dogs share a good share of their DNA with wolves can even come in handy if you ever have to fight one. Because they are pack animals, all you have to do to stop them usually is assert dominance over them which usually means hurting them enough to make them think twice and then making it clear to them that you aren't to be fucked with by pressing the advantage and maybe hurting them again and making yourself look as large as possible. Growling or making a lot of noise helps as well.
Its unfortunate that you have to hurt them but if its a choice between getting mauled by a rottweiler or curbstomping it, I think most would agree that the right choice is obvious.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 23, 2009,
Swing swing swing, off hand motion, thrust, thrust, jab, swing, thrust, swing, jab.

Best way to go about it if you ask me.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by Empty Box
Swing swing swing, off hand motion, thrust, thrust, jab, swing, thrust, swing, jab.

Best way to go about it if you ask me.

But what if you go like this:

Swing swing swing, off hand motion, thrust, thrust, jab, swing, thrust, jab, swing
Spartan spear toss. In the eye, I suppose.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter