Page 1 of 2
So I was being a dumbass yesterday and was bored, and I had two almost dead 9 volts lying around. So I got the bright idea to put them together, like connect the postive of one end to the negative and vice versa. I was just courious to what would happen, would it find equalibrum with the charges, or do nothing. It didnt do anything right away so I put it on my desk and continued about my business. About an hour later I hear this loud pop, I look over and the damn battire was exploding!! I grabed it as it was poping and tosed in the trashcan. Scared the crap out of me.

So what dumbass thing have you done that you thought wouldent end up as a bad situation?

Or, better question, ever blow something up that you thought you couldent?
yea i was wearing some battire from moores. they have just such nice powered suits
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Gadzooks Robin, I forgot to pack a spare Battire!

_E_D_I_T_: Also, couldent?
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon
Last edited by _T_H_R_I_C_E_ at Nov 23, 2009,
smashing through the boundaries, lunacy has found me, cannot stop the battire!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I connected a 12v DC fan from a computer PSU across the 230v AC mains supply in my bedroom when I was 10 or so. It blew up and tripped my whole house's power.

oh wait, you said most dumbass, not most awesome.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I don't blow 'em up, otherwise I will be out of battires too fast!

The pit should learn people how to spell...
"The man who broke into their house earlier that morning was charged with breaking and entering, destruction of property and battire"
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
So how could Batman use the Batmobile to save people if you exploded his Battires?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I once opened a dry cell to get the carbon rod out and a tiny drop of juice hit me on the cheek;I flipped a shit. Nothing happened though, so it's all good.

And I was going to take mercy on your misspelling "battire," but due to your repeated use of said misspelling I'm forced to conclude that you're trying to make a UG meme. This is more than ackward.
Quote by thewho65
I once opened a dry cell to get the carbon rod out and a tiny drop of juice hit me on the cheek;I flipped a shit. Nothing happened though, so it's all good.

And I was going to take mercy on your misspelling "battire," but due to your repeated use of said misspelling I'm forced to conclude that you're trying to make a UG meme. This is more than ackward.

This is why they tell you to not pierce or burn batteries.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I hear they nominated you for a nobel prize for contributions to science with your endeavouring work with batterie proddings.

Nah not really, you're a retard.
You guys are dicks.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
A friend of mine told me this story about when he was in a physics class, and they had electric motors that they were playing with. The teacher had to go photocopy stuff or something, so naturally they decided to see how fast they could make the motors go.

They had it plugged in, and so decided to slowly increase the power with this knob on the wall. Unfortunately, the breaker blew, so one guy got the brilliant idea to hold the breaker open.

They blew the transformer on the powerlines.
Quote by The_Casinator
I don't blow 'em up, otherwise I will be out of battires too fast!

The pit should learn people how to spell...

Maybe they could teach Grammar at the same time ?

The pit should Teach them, not Lern them

Guitars :
Washburn Stealth Pro TransBlack
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Fender GDO 300 Acoustic

Pedals :
Digi tech RP100
Boss Metal Core
Boss Mega Dist
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ

Amp : Blackstar HT5
Last edited by AlTheKiller7 at Nov 23, 2009,
"Battire" ?

Thats an Ackward moment for TS.

He sure brang the Ackwardness to this thread.

On topic: I once tried the Diet coke and Mentos trick in my kitchen. Baaaaad idea.
RIP Tom Searle.
THe Pit is liek a gian ASS HOLE! Big deal. Battery Battire.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by AlTheKiller7
Maybe they could teach Grammar at the same time ?

The pit should Teach them, not Lern them

Pretty sure he did that on purpose...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I was shopping for clothes once and was looking at the A attire but then moved on to the B attire and found this
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by Miracle_Man
I was shopping for clothes once and was looking at the A attire but then moved on to the B attire and found this

Clever.

Can someone please shed some light on the whole 'ackward' dealio?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I plugged my power supply for my pedal (it had the right plug) into my iPod to see what it'd do.

The iPod didn't do much afterwards
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Pretty sure he did that on purpose...

If he did.

Man do i feel stupid.
Guitars :
Washburn Stealth Pro TransBlack
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Fender GDO 300 Acoustic

Pedals :
Digi tech RP100
Boss Metal Core
Boss Mega Dist
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ

Amp : Blackstar HT5
Quote by ethan_hanus
So I was being a dumbass yesterday and was bored, and I had two almost dead 9 volts lying around. So I got the bright idea to put them together, like connect the postive of one end to the negative and vice versa. I was just courious to what would happen, would it find equalibrum with the charges, or do nothing. It didnt do anything right away so I put it on my desk and continued about my business. About an hour later I hear this loud pop, I look over and the damn battire was exploding!! I grabed it as it was poping and tosed in the trashcan. Scared the crap out of me.

So what dumbass thing have you done that you thought wouldent end up as a bad situation?

Or, better question, ever blow something up that you thought you couldent?
You aren't very bright are you?

That must've been quite shocking.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
That's a pretty brainy thing to do When I was at school, a bunch of us got all the power supplies in the lab hooked them all up in series with a heavy duty light bulb (had a super filament that was at least 1mm think).

The bulb blew and so did all the fuses in the power packs... looking back I see the stupidity in doing this.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Hooked a 9 volt battery to 2 crocodile clips and stuck them onto my brace. Wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done really. >_>
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Hooked a 9 volt battery to 2 crocodile clips and stuck them onto my brace. Wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done really. >_>

lol i should have tried this when i had braces =p.

one time i tried to charge my mp3 by plugging a 12 volt adapter into the earphone jack, it popped and smoked when i pulled it back out but it still works ^^.
battire........battire......BATTIRE?!?!?!?!
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
a bit off topic but i have a story to tell:

i was at school today. all was going well. went to first block, sat there pretending to be awake (really was kind of asleep). handed in my homework for the day and moved on to my next block (english class). was a tad bit late but my teacher didnt care because i was happy to be in class as usual and sat down in the front row in order to aid my gathering of knowledge. she asks us to pull out our books, shakespeare to be exact and then proceeded to tell us about how we were starting a new unit. we were going to be studying the literary element of battire.

hope my story was well worth your time.
Quote by dravenx
lol i should have tried this when i had braces =p.

No really don't. I don't advise anyone doing it. It hurt like hell and my mouth didn't feel right for the rest of the day.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Just clear this up for the jerks in this thread. I did in fact mispell "battire" a couple of times, I was in a bit of a hurry, and didnt pay much thought to my spelling, so get over yoursleves, your acting like 2 year olds. I mispell words alot, big ****ing deal.

I had an interesting story and decided to share it and wondered if ya'll have made dumb mistakes as well, apparently, all of you have.
Page 1 of 2