are the only Fender strats with a HH body cavity the American standards? or can i find something cheaper?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Squier Strats come with larger cavities which allow humbuckers to be fitted without routing
No I believe that the Made In Mexico strats are H-S-H routed, I know the Tele is routed H-S for sure. Is your standard strat not routed H-S-H?
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
but dont Squier strats come with cheaper wood? i want full Alder tone. and my strat was fitted for HSS =\ i hope to god that its HH
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
The routing on Squiers varies. Depends on when and where they were made I suppose. The wood varies as well. I've owned both plywood and alder Squiers.
so then im better off getting the Fender Strat
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Depends. I am constantly on the lookout for used Squier strats. I've played several that were better than Mexi's and never payed more than $50 for one. I'd rather get one of those and mod it, but some people would rather spend more up front and not have to hunt around so much.
Rerouting isn't the end of the world either, especially since you're going to put a pickguard over it anyway. I'd find the make and model that you want with a color you like and a neck that feels good, then just zing the extra material out if there is some.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
for under 150 bucks you can get a body from warmoth if your looking to do a complete build.
Quote by cedricsmods
Depends. I am constantly on the lookout for used Squier strats. I've played several that were better than Mexi's and never payed more than $50 for one. I'd rather get one of those and mod it, but some people would rather spend more up front and not have to hunt around so much.

were they alder bodies? i thought the wood was cheaper on Squier's
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Nope, most Squiers Affinity series and higher are alder or ash. The Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified Series are really popular for modding simply because they're great quality. If you can find an old Squier '51 model, they're excellent quality (and H-H routed too, iirc)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by guy66657
were they alder bodies? i thought the wood was cheaper on Squier's

Totally depends. A lot of times the budget companies use whatever is at good market price at the time.
aww man, so i could risk getting a crappy Squier? hmm go with the vintage models...or get the full Fender...
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Go with the VM or CV series Squiers. They're good quality wood. The only ones you really need to worry about are the Bullets and the Starter Pack ones.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
my mexican strat has a H-S-H routing. 2006 model, not too sure if its the same today.
with fenders, your just paying for the brand, while squires are still fenders, they are less of a fender, and some people will lawl at you for having a squier.