So me and a group of my friends are putting a band together and one of our friends gave singing a try. He doesn't think he's very good, but we think he's good enough. I uploaded one of the songs he sang, it's in my profile. Pretty much the first time he's tried singing also. The song is "Irish Rose Cover".

Let me know what you think.
That sounded really pitchy. I've never heard the original, but to me, the vocals sounded off almost the entire time
Yeah, just off pitch about the whole way through...
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Thanks guys. That's something that comes with practice though right? As far as tone and everything he sounds good? Good enough to be a singer? He's a really good musician so I'm not too worried about pitch.
Quote by dolphinfan2k5
Thanks guys. That's something that comes with practice though right? As far as tone and everything he sounds good? Good enough to be a singer? He's a really good musician so I'm not too worried about pitch.

As hard as it is to believe, tone quality and vocal "color" can be improved through practice. Your tone can't really be changed (it gets stronger, more vibrant, and more resonant), but can be chronically improved, and a trained voice can sing with just about any "color" they want.

On topic, yes, his pitch will improve over time. Try having him match the melody to a keyboard or piano before you guys play together, and he will improve faster then you would believe.
Quote by Oh_God_Its_Back
My girlfriend does that to me!
Feels pretty good!

^In a thread about strap-ons.
Quote by Jimbosandwich
As hard as it is to believe, tone quality and vocal "color" can be improved through practice. Your tone can't really be changed (it gets stronger, more vibrant, and more resonant), but can be chronically improved, and a trained voice can sing with just about any "color" they want.

On topic, yes, his pitch will improve over time. Try having him match the melody to a keyboard or piano before you guys play together, and he will improve faster then you would believe.

Oh, yeah I know that, I guess I just phrased it wrong. Pitch just seems like its one of the easiest things to correct, especially if you have a good ear. Back to the point though, he could definitely be our singer with a little practice, could he not?
Quote by dolphinfan2k5
Oh, yeah I know that, I guess I just phrased it wrong. Pitch just seems like its one of the easiest things to correct, especially if you have a good ear. Back to the point though, he could definitely be our singer with a little practice, could he not?

Of course, if you like his style and have similar tastes, everything should be fine.
Quote by Oh_God_Its_Back
My girlfriend does that to me!
Feels pretty good!

^In a thread about strap-ons.