Poll: would you buy an album with bad artwork?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you buy an album with bad artwork?
Yes
150 90%
No
16 10%
Voters: 166.
Page 1 of 2
Do you buy albums with good music if they have really bad artwork? Or those who don't buy albums, would you hypothetically?

I personally don't, unless the music is really something special. Poll coming.

EDIT: I'm talking really bad artwork here.

I see it as a kind of collector's thing. If I just wanted to pay for the music, I'd buyit via iTunes. But I like having the actual CD, case, booklet, artwork etc. along with it. It's part of the artist's vision for the album.
Last edited by michal23 at Nov 23, 2009,
I pretty much don't give a shit about the artwork unless it's awesome.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

No I only buy music to check out the album artwork...
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
yeah, but I really appreciate good album art, so it may deter me from actually paying for it.
I'm being serious. I mean I'm not super picky or anything. But I wouldn't want something like this:

I would never let album artwork get in the way of me purchasing an album. That is just stupid.
It will annoy the crap out of me but I really only care about the music which seems to be the main point in most responses.
Quote by SG_dave

what am i talking about, that picture IS FUCKING AMAZING!

I thought you were going to claim the Fortress cover was terrible and I was going to be upset
Quote by Zomby Woof
Who really gives a **** about the artwork?

"Steve, do you like the Beatles?"

"Hell no dude, their artwork is shit!"

I still like the band, I'd still listen to the music, I'd still go to the gigs, I just wouldn't pay for that one particular album.
Quote by genghisgandhi

Are you stupid?
Actually, I vote this as one of the greatest album covers in existence. As well as one of the greatest albums of all time.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Last edited by Led Pepplin at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by michal23
I still like the band, I'd still listen to the music, I'd still go to the gigs, I just wouldn't pay for that one particular album.

good artwork can really improve an album, but bad artwork doesn't matter.

I hope you realize you pay musical artists for their music not their artwork.
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by daytripper75
I would never let album artwork get in the way of me purchasing an album. That is just stupid.

Yes.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by michal23
Do you buy albums with good music if they have really bad artwork? Or those who don't buy albums, would you hypothetically?

I don't pay money to listen to the album cover, I pay money to listen to the music.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.

and of course

Quote by Led man32
I hope you realize you pay musical artists for their music not their artwork.

i hope you realize that's what i was saying
Quote by SG_dave

what am i talking about, that picture IS FUCKING AMAZING!

holy fudge i thought you were about to dis fortress. that album is awesome.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko 9119
I don't pay money to listen to the album cover, I pay money to listen to the music.

I see it as a kind of collector's thing. If I just wanted to pay for the music, I'd buyit via iTunes. But I like having the actual CD, case, booklet, artwork etc. along with it. It's part of the artist's vision for the album.

Maybe I'm just sad.
Quote by michal23

Maybe I'm just sad.

that was sort of true, back in the days of vinyl, what with all their big ol' album sleeves, big artwork, awesome liner notes and such.
I buy albums for the music on it, not the cover artwork.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.

Not a great album cover, but I love the album.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
if you take Pink Floyds Dark Side of The Moon cover, you can get an idea of what the music will be like, mysterious, simple and bold.

yes yes yes yes I know the cover has no ****ing effect on the music whatsoever, but it is the complete deal of having the music as one type of expression and the art work being another.

Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by GezzyDiversion
if you take Pink Floyds Dark Side of The Moon cover, you can get an idea of what the music will be like, mysterious, simple and bold.

yes yes yes yes I know the cover has no ****ing effect on the music whatsoever, but it is the complete deal of having the music as one type of expression and the art work being another.

this

artwork doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the album, but good artwork can make the whole experience better.
Quote by SteveHouse
I pretty much don't give a shit about the artwork unless it's awesome.

same here
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
tbh, I couldn't give a shit about artwork. for me its the music that matters. If I like a band and their music, I'll buy the album regardless if there is a huge pile of fossilised radiators on the cover. I don't listen to music while staring at album covers.
in short, yes.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by =w=eeze

Not a great album cover, but I love the album.

shit, which album is that. looks awesome. I only have mothers milk and blood sugar sex magik
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Nice album, I just really don't like the album art, at all.

I'd still buy it, though.

Now, and album I WOULDN'T buy due to art is say, that one Cannibal Corpse album with the copses eating each other out, or that Cattle Decapitation album that spoofs Atom Heart Mother, or that Carnivorous Erection artwork somebody posted.

Shock artwork for the sake of shock artwork = I don't want to buy that shit.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Nov 23, 2009,

good songs, shit cover.
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Quote by genghisgandhi
lol nah. For an album with such diverse sounds, it is a terrible choice......in my opinion
You're kidding, right? The blankness of the cover goes perfectly with the music, at least in my opinion. A blank album cover which simply reads 'The Beatles' reminds me of Revolution 9 instantly.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Page 1 of 2