right now I have about $600usd to spend on a new guitar, im stuck between buying a ltd viper-1000 or saving up a few hundred more and getting a used gibson sg standard. ive played both and they both feel really comfortable to me an they both suit my style. what do you guys think?
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
Buy a used SG now or as soon as you can afford it. It may not be better but it won't lose you money like the LTD or a new Gibbo.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

go for the LTD dude!!!
Gibson = paying for the name.
LTD is one damn fine company!
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
I'm not an SG fan but it will last you longer. Love me some gibson, even though they may import illegal wood :-p
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn. - Jim Morrison
Quote by Lurcher
Buy a used SG now or as soon as you can afford it. It may not be better but it won't lose you money like the LTD or a new Gibbo.

that was a big point that i took into consideration, its nice to know that if i fall on hard times in say a year the resale value will stay nearly the same. its hard to beat a sg in heritage cherry but a viper1000 in olympic white with gold hardware is putting up a good fight
Deals done with:
lfrz93
mmjohn
i love the SG standard in either natural burst or black. the cherry i'm not such a big fan of, but it definitely is classic! hard to beat a good SG in my opinion. and resale value is good. something i consider with pretty much anything i buy.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Definately the Gibson.

LTD is the ESP "Squier" or "Epiphone" for want of a better term, and that will effect it's resale. Also I own an LTD and a Gibson Les Paul & Flying V. The Gibson build and tonal quality is superior IMO.