hey, just a few questions. With this been a 120 watt tube amp im guessing it will be to loud for bedroom practise. But iv heard you can get a noise gate? iv never used one, so if you could please suggest me one, also give me a basic idea on how it works. If you have played or own a XXX what do you think of it? I Like to play alot of cleans also like to play metal (rammstien sort of sound), so im pretty versitile. any help would be great.

Cheers

Josh
A noise gate removes unwanted excess noise, like feedback.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Well its definently loud but you can always turn it down you wont get power tube distortion. also the boss ns2 is a great noise gate since you can run it in the x pattern to get rid of all noise from your guitar and amp
I believe you are thinking of an attenuator which lowers the wattage of your amp. A noise gate removes excess noise coming from your guitar under a certain threshold before it goes into your amp.

As for the XXX it's a great amp for metal. Cleans aren't the highlight of the amp but they were good enough for me and sound pretty good with a little reverb or chorus on top.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I have the XXX 112, its extremly loud. The cleans are amazingly clean, and u can get basically any distortion sound out of it.
XXX's are great amps. Very versatile. I wouldn't worry about the volume too much though...you can still get good sound at bedroom volumes.
ok thanks for the info people. I just dont want to get it be force to get rid. can you suggest me a good attenuator?
Last edited by strings21 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by strings21
ok thanks for the info people. I just dont want to get it be force to get rid. can you suggest me a good attenuator?

I'd get the amp and try it out in your home before you decide you need one. The XXX will do your cleans and your metal tones at a low enough volume to not need to worry about it.
Quote by strings21

You don't need one.
Quote by eyebanez333
I'd get the amp and try it out in your home before you decide you need one. The XXX will do your cleans and your metal tones at a low enough volume to not need to worry about it.

+1