Today i turned on my amp and low and behold a French radio station. Now i live in Ireland, on the west coast of Ireland at least 776.83km from France or 482.72miles , I believe its caused by a device in the attic sending and receiving frequencies ultimately from the U.K. i don't no if thats possible but anyways to my question.

Is this in anyway harmful to my amp? I don't believe it was built for radio. My amp is a crate V33 all tube and has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?
Quote by twasbrilling
Today i turned on my amp and low and behold a French radio station. Now i live in Ireland, on the west coast of Ireland at least 776.83km from France or 482.72miles , I believe its caused by a device in the attic sending and receiving frequencies ultimately from the U.K. i don't no if thats possible but anyways to my question.

Is this in anyway harmful to my amp? I don't believe it was built for radio. My amp is a crate V33 all tube and has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

i thought you meant the Mod

shouldn't do too much damage.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
i thought you meant the Mod

shouldn't do too any damage.

Fixed. It's just a signal like the one from pickups to your amp. Try shielding your pickup cavity.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Fixed. It's just a signal like the one from pickups to your amp. Try shielding your pickup cavity.

huh. i thought playing music through an amp was bad because of the frequencies or something
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Well it's not like he is doing it intentionally, and that is also playing the music at full line level. This is just picking up the radio frequencies and playing them at the same input level as pickups....

at least this is my train of thought. It shouldn't pose any harm.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
It's not the pickups as it occurs even when the guitar is unplugged from the amp

edit: the radio signals appear to be French i don't see how my pickups would pick up that from here.
Last edited by twasbrilling at Nov 23, 2009,
Hm. Is it still occurring when there is a cable or pedals plugged in but no guitar?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Hm. Is it still occurring when there is a cable or pedals plugged in but no guitar?

no still occurs when everything is plugged out
Interesting....well, I'm stumped but it still doesn't pose a problem. Try lining your walls in tin foil. Don't forget the tin foil hat as well.

Kidding.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've picked up radio through my amp a few times. Usually it happens if a lead has been pulled half-out of a pedal or something like that. In band practices, my bass player often receives radio if he touches his strings while touching his mic.

I dunno, maybe we just really like radio?

Also, I don't think you'll be actually picking up radio from France. Chances are there's a French-language station broadcasting somewhere in your area.
Happened to me once, but i was picking up my neighbors signal i think. And no harm done. The MG still sounds like ****.
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.