i've been looking around at a few cabs and decided i want one with vintage 30s.
i've heard orange cabs are great all around as well as for metal.

any suggestions for which one to play bands like;
Protest the hero
Between the buried and me.
All that Remains.
Nevermore
Big, dark and tight. (oh the jokes that can be made here....) They are great cabs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Big, dark and tight. (oh the jokes that can be made here....) They are great cabs.

Anyway, casting the jokes aside. Agreed. I've played them in the past and haven't been dissapointed as of yet.

EDIT -
Cartharsis' has a good point about Mesa and such.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by LaidBack

not that dark imo, the vintage 30's brighen it up. well i guess it does has a dark growl to it, but either way, doesnt sound muddy.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Great cabs. I was between an Orange cab and a Mesa. The Mesa was cheaper so I went that route, but you're on the right track. A v30 cabinet would be perfect for the bands you listed.

Before we moved into a bigger house, I could play my XXX head in the next room and not disturb my wife.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
not that dark imo, the vintage 30's brighen it up. well i guess it does has a dark growl to it, but either way, doesnt sound muddy.

Nah, not muddy at all, but yea, it does have that growl. And the V30's do take away a good portion of the darkness.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals