Back again...
I've just learned the C major scale. Are there any other scales i need to learn other than the C major scale?
learn it in every position possible, learn the shape and figure out the major scale starting from any note.
Yes, all the major scales and all the minor scales. Learn the circle of fifths and learn about key signitures.
Quote by szekelymihai

try google man
The major scale C D E F G A B
The minor pentatonic C Eb F G Bb
The major pentatonic C D E G A
The blues scale - C Eb F F# G Bb
The mixolydian mode C D E F G A Bb
The dorian mode C D Eb F G A Bb

Slow down, this guy only knows one major scale, and you're shoving modes down his throat?

ignore this post and learn all your major scales.
Quote by Tim.Paragon
Back again...
I've just learned the C major scale. Are there any other scales i need to learn other than the C major scale?
Make sure you really know it before you worry about any other scales - do you understand how its constructed in steps, intervals and notes? Most importantly, can you use it?

You should be able to play the major scale in any key, in any position, in any direction, when you can do all that. I wouldn't worry too much about other types of scale until then.
Actually learn the scale, not just the pattern which in the greater scheme of thing doesn't amount to learning much of anything.

Learn how the major scale actually works and how to use it, learn how to derive chords from it by harmonising, construct melodies from it, play around with the intervals it contains, hear how different notes work over certain chords and ultimately and see how pretty much everything in contemprary music relates back to it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Tim.Paragon
Back again...

Need to learn for what?

put it this way. There are a whole bunch of other scales and things that you can learn if you want.

The real question is..... what is your goal?
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Nov 23, 2009,