This isn't really a big problem for me, only a problem when I restring my guitar once a month or so. But on my Jackson, when I use the tuning head, to tune the D string, it takes a lot of effort to turn it. I read about loosening the tension screw so I tried that. No help. I had it to the point where the screw would come out, and it still doesn't want to turn any easier. Just wondering if there's any points on the heads that I should grease or anything I could do to solve this. New tuning heads are coming next year some time (once I find black reverse grovers), so just need some advice to get me through till then.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
No one has any solutions?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Might be a problem inside the tuner with the gears or something. Idk though because i know very little of the inner workings of them. Hopefully someone will help. *Bump for justice!*
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
I don't think there is really anything you can do about it other than replace it. I noticed that the tuner on my high e string on my Jackson has a similar issue (although not quite to your extent). I don't have this problem on any other tuners on this guitar or any other guitars I own. I personally think Jackson tuners are kind of cheap. I read they are rebranded Gotohs, but you can get the replacements for pretty cheap so they most likely cut corners.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by Xherion
I don't think there is really anything you can do about it other than replace it. I noticed that the tuner on my high e string on my Jackson has a similar issue (although not quite to your extent). I don't have this problem on any other tuners on this guitar or any other guitars I own. I personally think Jackson tuners are kind of cheap. I read they are rebranded Gotohs, but you can get the replacements for pretty cheap so they most likely cut corners.

It's not really a big issue for me. Like I mentioned, I planned on replacing them once I find a set of left handed grovers, in black.

It's just a pain for those few minutes when I'm re-stringing and have to tune with that head.

Was just looking for a simple fix like greasing it or something.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings