This clinic has two doors. One is for patients who pay through insurance and the other is for patients who pay up front in cash, credit card, etc.

Link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33863680/ns/health-health_care

One of the doctor's reasons for this seem to just be excuses. Such as why patients on one side receive comfortable robes, while the others just a thin cover. If nice robes really contributed to better healthcare, and she actually cared about her patients, then I don't see why they wouldn't all receive the same treatment.

Thoughts?
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
because healthcare is a business and they provide better service when there is more money involved.

After Reading it more thoroughly, the restaurant metaphor is a terrible one. Yes, at a restaurant, you pay different prices for different quality food, duh. if you need to fill your belly and are low on cash, if you're a movie star. The Millions of people who pay to see your work provide you with the means to have better health care. Because each time anyone watches a movie, they decide that the people behind making it deserve their 7-10 dollars, and therefore, from an economics point, they deserve more money and therefore if better quality health care is available, there's no reason they shouldn't have the option to pay more for it.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Last edited by Lt.DanHasLegs at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
because healthcare is a business and they provide better service when there is more money involved.

This, but the fact should indeed be that it should be universal. Hey isn't there something some black guy wants to do about it?

edit: not to the TS but the americans
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
This, but the fact should indeed be that it should be universal. Hey isn't there something some black guy wants to do about it?

edit: not to the TS but the americans

But when it is universal, the money leaves because there's no more competition. and logically, if the first statement is true, then that would dramatically decrease the quality of the health care.

I'm not here to argue that one side is right or wrong, I'm just saying thats what it looks like from my eyes.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs

After Reading it more thoroughly, the restaurant metaphor is a terrible one. Yes, at a restaurant, you pay different prices for different quality food, duh. if you need to fill your belly and are low on cash, if you're a movie star. The Millions of people who pay to see your work provide you with the means to have better health care. Because each time anyone watches a movie, they decide that the people behind making it deserve their 7-10 dollars, and therefore, from an economics point, they deserve more money and therefore if better quality health care is available, there's no reason they shouldn't have the option to pay more for it.

But why the need for secrecy? Couldn't the clinic just offer different rates?
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
But when it is universal, the money leaves because there's no more competition. and logically, if the first statement is true, then that would dramatically decrease the quality of the health care.

I'm not here to argue that one side is right or wrong, I'm just saying thats what it looks like from my eyes.

Healthcare shouldn't be about competition but about healing people. People who are rich are able to afford private clinics and get faster treatment there.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Healthcare shouldn't be about competition but about healing people. People who are rich are able to afford private clinics and get faster treatment there.

oh yeah shoot, but if you want to change the foundation of human nature, go for it... In this man's humble opinion, I'm not gonna bother with that, and lets instead make what we've got work the best we can. Cause there is nothing more valuable to someone than their health, and as long as that is true, someone's gonna try to cash in on it. So the way to fix that is to be able to do the same quality work as the greedy dude, but for a reasonable price. This will force him to lower his prices and everyone get reasonable healthcare.

Plus, if we're going to dabble in universal. Say I never get sick. Ethically, why should I be forced to pay for healthcare that I'm not using? Also, you cannot argue that when it is free, people will go much much more often for every little thing. Combine the way that will drain government rationed supplies and the fact that there is already very little money involved. We all get very inadequate healthcare.

That is my view, I'm no expert, I could be wrong, but unless someone shows me some good hard facts opposing it, I'll be keeping that opinion.
Quote by Strato-Massacre

Quote by Kensai