http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=digbYzmtlSs

Around 2:37 seconds into the video Frusciante does this tremolo picking thing. I can't seem to even imitate the sound with less notes. I guess I just don't understand what he's doing. Does anyone know how to, or maybe a video that can help me? I've searched like crazy, but now I've given up, and I'm just gonna ask instead. Thanks In Advance!!!
It's called 'using a pedal'
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
he's making those crazy licks like the ones from hendrix but i don't how he gets that sounds like that, i guess he's playing with a pedal at the same time....
wah + scales improv.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Yes I am aware he is using a pedal, but I don't understand how he's making the scratching sounds. I've tried a lot of things, distortion and MORE distorion, Wah Pedals, Envelope Filters, some Chorus and Phaser, but I can't seem to get it at all.
Just pick scrapes.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
you think there is more going on than there actually is. its wah and hes just doing a lick over and over. i think there may be a phaser at the same time or flange but im not sure
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Definitely something rude and out of the way to ask, but can anyone show me how to do it? Or at least point me in the direction of where I can see how to do it? It's either that or I'll give up for now. And that's not a threat, those are just my options. lololol Damnit, reading back now I seem really pushy, and guilting. Forget it . But if anyone would like to for me, or show me the way, that'd be great.... Nope I still seem pushy and guilting. Sorry guys. I'm a bad board member
Well he's strumming all of the strings, I believe ( I can't watch the video right now, but I know what you're talking about), but he's muting all of the strings he's not playing; it's a funk technique, he does similar stuff in Can't Stop and Scar Tissue, except not as fast.

I would learn his other solos that are like that- the majority of his solos from the Stadium Arcadium tour were like that- it's just a "wah-fest" or something likethat, I don't remember what Froosh fans call it haha
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
Well he's strumming all of the strings, I believe ( I can't watch the video right now, but I know what you're talking about), but he's muting all of the strings he's not playing; it's a funk technique, he does similar stuff in Can't Stop and Scar Tissue, except not as fast.

I would learn his other solos that are like that- the majority of his solos from the Stadium Arcadium tour were like that- it's just a "wah-fest" or something likethat, I don't remember what Froosh fans call it haha

how about just watch the video, its obvious he's playing a scalerepeatedly. and dont bring up this month old thread.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"