Hey guys as you all know Christmas is coming up soon. I can spend about a thousand dollars on an acoustic guitar (a little under 1000 would be amazing). I am wondering what kind of guitar should i get? I will be using it for recording and be plugging it in to a sound system once a week (so i will need a guitar with nice electronics). I am just wondering what kind of guitar is right for recording, playing unplugged, and playing plugged in. I usually play folk style music (like iron and wine) also music like Dave's acoustic stuff. Please if you can point me in the right direction of a guitar that is right for me.

Thanks in advance
x2 on the Taylor. The Sapele shouldn't overwhelm your recordings with overtones. Great guitar.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
well made grand auditorium and om guitars can sound as loud as a dreadnaught - whether you prefer the sound is personal preference.

i like the taylor 114ce a lot, but also suggest you try some acoustic electric SWS seagulls as they have a couple shape options for you. there's also a martin right at around $1000 that i've heard very good things about, and if you're checking around, don't forget the breedloves - they're not my faves but a lot of people love 'em.

Quote by Firstnamesmusic
i heard that grand acoustic style bodies are better for all around playing (including recording) than dreadnought, which is just better for unplugged playing... can anyone confirm this?