Tone Zone
2 18%
PAF Pros
2 18%
Super Distortion
7 64%
Voters: 11.
PAF pros, Tone Zone, Super Distortion.

Edit: RG2570Z Prestige. Basswood. Looking for Flexibility on styles while leaning towards rock,metal, a lead tone. Amp probably a DSL Marshall Combo amp. Bridge Position.
Last edited by NecroticSoldier at Nov 23, 2009,
for what application?
They are pretty different pickups so we honestly can't say one over the other.
also what amp?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
for what application?
They are pretty different pickups so we honestly can't say one over the other.
also what amp?

+1

Also... what guitar and what tonewood.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i'm sort of amazed at the vagueness of this thread....
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
RG2570Z Prestige. Basswood. Looking for Flexibility on styles while leaning towards rock,metal, a lead tone. Amp probably a DSL Marshall Combo amp. Bridge Position.
Quote by NecroticSoldier
RG2570Z Prestige. Basswood. Looking for Flexibility on styles while leaning towards rock,metal, a lead tone. Amp probably a DSL Marshall Combo amp. Bridge Position.

"Rock, metal, a lead tone" still doesn't help us out much seeing as that could describe about a billion different tones.

Also, we need a definite amp not a "probably" - reason being we may recommend something that compliments a DSL well and you end up getting a different amp that the pickups sound like crap through.
Both the Tone Zone would be good, but I'm leaning more towards the Super Distortion.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
"Rock, metal, a lead tone" still doesn't help us out much seeing as that could describe about a billion different tones.

Also, we need a definite amp not a "probably" - reason being we may recommend something that compliments a DSL well and you end up getting a different amp that the pickups sound like crap through.

The DSL is a definitely sir. Hmm... Perhaps I should list some of my favourite tones... like Van Halen, Paul Gilbert (older tone). I can't get their exact tones I know that but I want some characteristics to exist in mine. I can try to narrow down the tone, but currently I cannot find the words to describe a definite tone. Maybe what I'm looking for is one that would be a good start to play around with and experiment with to find my "tone". Thanks for helping!