First, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I have an ibanez rg350dx, and the pickups are stock. I'm thinking about asking for a new bridge pickup for Christmas, so a humbucker, and I have some questions.

1. Can anyone recommend a pickup? I know this something I should be deciding for myself, but I have no reference of knowledge of pickups, whatsoever. I mainly play punk, rock (think Van Halen) and Satch type stuff, but I also want a good clean tone from it. However, I also want nice sustain.

2. The nearest place that could install pickups is 130 miles away. For someone who knows nothing about wiring or pickups, would it be easy enough to install myself?

3. Is any humbucker gonna fit in the space on my guitar, or is there exceptions?

If you have any other advice, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
1. I'll leave this to someone to answer, but they'll want to know what amp you're using. You may want to check out the audio clips on sites like Seymour Duncan.
2. Sure, just get yourself an ideal soldering gun and read up. Google will show you some tutorials, no doubt, maybe even youtube will have some videos. Wiring diagrams are easy to find unless you are doing something crazy, or have a odd setup, which you don't.
3. As long as you have a humbucker already in the spot, any humbucker should fit.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Nov 23, 2009,
depending on your amp, this might not realy make any or much differance.

wireing a HB is quite easy, there will be up to 4 wires (sometimes only 2 tho) and all you need to do is work out where each wire goes, and solder. there is some colour codes in the wireing thread im pretty sure.

if your just wanting to know the wireing, then you should be asking in the wireing thread.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Valveking 112. And, will a new pickup REALLY make a big difference? Or just a little different sound?
Quote by WyldChylde
Valveking 112. And, will a new pickup REALLY make a big difference? Or just a little different sound?

Pickups are more for shaping your sound, you might find some new tubes and a new speaker for your ValveKing would do more for your sound.

Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
dimarzio or seymour duncans

Honestly, what kind of answer is that? That's not helpful at all. What models out of the 20 - 30 different humbuckers those companys make? Why those particular brands? Why not Bare Knuckle, GFS, Lindy Fralin, etc, etc?
Last edited by consecutive e at Nov 23, 2009,
Quote by consecutive e
Pickups are more for shaping your sound, you might find some new tubes and a new speaker for your ValveKing would do more for your sound.

So crisper highs, better sustain, that sort of thing?
Quote by WyldChylde
So crisper highs, better sustain, that sort of thing?

I'm pretty sure sustain has more to do with your guitar than anything else.

The ValveKing Thread will help you get the most out of your ValveKing.