I have a line 6 spider iii 120w, and i'm really tired of the crappy tone. I am looking to get a new amp around christmas. I may get a Peavy Vypyr Tube combo amp, but what is better a 60w of 120w? How loud are they? I am looking to practice with drums, and possibly do small gigs
60w is enuff,unless you want crazy headroom
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
theyre very loud, 60 is more than enough
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by Jreed08013
I have a line 6 spider iii 120w, and i'm really tired of the crappy tone. I am looking to get a new amp around christmas. I may get a Peavy Vypyr Tube combo amp, but what is better a 60w of 120w? How loud are they? I am looking to practice with drums, and possibly do small gigs

The vyper is a solid state amp. The valveking is probably what your thinking of
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
The vyper is a solid state amp. The valveking is probably what your thinking of

There are tube versions of the Vypyr.
You will not need a 120 watt Vypyr Tube. My Vypyr 75 (Solid state) doesn't go past 4/13.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
*ahem*

Its Peavey!

And yes Vypyrs are good for the price, and yes they are very loud for their size.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15