I've really got my heart set on getting an Ibanez guitar. They seem to make some really good ones, and their prices aren't all that bad. So, what's the best model for playing metal genre music? I'm trying to stay under $1000, but don't censor yor opinions according to my budget. This will also be my first guitar.

Opinions are encouraged! Strike that. You wandered into this thread, now POST SOMETHING. >.<
I would get a Jackson or an ESP if you're looking forward to metal.

Just my person opinion on Ibanez..I think it's just based more on rock.

I don't know alot about Jacksons or ESP, but I've tried them before and they're better than Ibanez in terms of metal.

And it also depends on your amp, and your pickup.

Look forward to uh. Jackson or ESP
One with floyd rose.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
How do the Jscksons measure up to Ibanez in terms of regular rock? Would you say that the Jacksons are good enough for rock to be a good Ibanez replacement?
Try the new DarkStone, It has never before used pickup magnets and materials, only 22 frets though.
I hate how people come into the topic and post off-topic. This thread is about Ibanez, not Jackson or ESP.

The Ibanez RGT6EXFX seems like the best for metal if you don't need a tremolo. It comes with EMG's from the factory, 24 frets, and it's neck-thru.
Well, $1000 and some change (or if you can take advantage of the $100 rebate that Ibanez is running till the end of November) will get you an RG1570. It's a slick guitar, plays like butter. The only real issue with it is the pickups. They probably won't do it for you so getting some new one will likely be a priority.

Of course, you could probably find a used 1570/1550M with swapped pickups that's within your price range if you're patient.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by whoahesgood
I would get a Jackson or an ESP if you're looking forward to metal.

Just my person opinion on Ibanez..I think it's just based more on rock.

I don't know alot about Jacksons or ESP, but I've tried them before and they're better than Ibanez in terms of metal.

And it also depends on your amp, and your pickup.

Look forward to uh. Jackson or ESP
One with floyd rose.

Ah yes 'cos I've never seen a metal band play an Ibanez either.

....So what makes a guitar 'better' in terms of metal?

Therefore any guitar would be able to do metal like say an Ibanez?

And to be relevant to the ts if I were you look at going with a cheap Ibanez rather then something cost alot you may not like playing guitar in the end or worst of all you may hate the guitar itself which is a lot of wasted cash. Honestly just get something cheap-middle priced and from then on progress your first guitar doesn't need to be the best. I'd recommend you too look at the Ibanez RG321 or RGA42 both are great models and are a good way to get used to the Ibanez guitars. And FWIW their is no "best" of anything it's all just opinions.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Ah yes 'cos I've never seen a metal band play an Ibanez either.

....So what makes a guitar 'better' in terms of metal?

Therefore any guitar would be able to do metal like say an Ibanez?

And to be relevant to the ts if I were you look at going with a cheap Ibanez rather then something cost alot you may not like playing guitar in the end or worst of all you may hate the guitar itself which is a lot of wasted cash. Honestly just get something cheap-middle priced and from then on progress your first guitar doesn't need to be the best. I'd recommend you too look at the Ibanez RG321 or RGA42 both are great models and are a good way to get used to the Ibanez guitars. And FWIW their is no "best" of anything it's all just opinions.

I'm just saying...In my opinion of sounds...I'd prefer Jacksons & ESP for metal.

I realize that theres many metal bands that use Ibanez.
But from personal experience I prefer Jacksons and ESP for metal.

And besides, we all have different opinions.
I might like apples. you might not

He said Opinions are encouraged. So I gave him my honest opinion
Opinions are encouraged! Strike that. You wandered into this thread, now POST SOMETHING. >.<
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
i like the SZ series. they're hardtail, so easier to change tunings with. and the RGA121 series are pretty nice too. not made anymore though, i don't think...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Xiphos \m/
Looks badass and sounds damn good stock.. Neck thru with a floating bridge.
Amazing playability.
Ah, the $1000 Ibanez question. That's a tough spot. You have enough for a Prestige (RG1570 or RG1550M) but they're basswood RGs. I don't think basswood is the best wood for metal. You could go for a regular Ibanez, but if I was in your position, I would just suck it up and get the Prestige.
if you really want an iby then get the xpt700
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-XPT700-Electric-Guitar?sku=512557
27 frets so it is extra brootahlz
on a more serious note it actually plays nicely, with a fast neck and good sound
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Below $1000, I'd go for the best guitar you can get in the S series. Mahogany bodies and pretty decent tremolos sound good for metal.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
AVOID EDGE III

AT ALL COST

A used ibby prestige 15xx or 2xxx
will last you a damn long time

wonderful guitars, excellent necks.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
could also get a decent bc rich around $1000 too, but i recommend an esp or jackson even more, JUST STAY AWAY FROM DEAN!
Edit: I'm too stupid to read, you wanted an Ibanzes
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
Last edited by Biblico at Nov 25, 2009,
hm..you can get a low end S series for $600++ with the V pick up or IBZ/duncan pick up and if your not in the hurry you can get the RG or the S prestige for $999, that's how i got my S prestige, regardless, your going to love ibby as their neck is super comfortable and is make for shred and metal!!
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
you should play whats the most comfortable and inspires you, if you like the look and feel of an ibanez then theres absolutely nothing stopping you from useing it in any type of music you want. If your not happy or comfortable with your guitar your not going to want to play it are you?
Jackson or ESP both beat Ibanez. I dont see why you'd narrow your choices only to ibanez.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i like the SZ series. they're hardtail, so easier to change tunings with. and the RGA121 series are pretty nice too. not made anymore though, i don't think...

yes SZ definitely
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
As for the ibby's i prefer the Rg3xxx series or RG1xxx series better materials.

but the Jackson's i own they seem to play better and come with SD's standard.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
any Ibanez with humbuckers will do metal.
Buy the most expensive one you can afford, you can´t really go wrong with Ibanez.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Supernaut2k
you should play whats the most comfortable and inspires you, if you like the look and feel of an ibanez then theres absolutely nothing stopping you from useing it in any type of music you want. If your not happy or comfortable with your guitar your not going to want to play it are you?

Excellent advice right here. That's really all that matters. And coming from an Ibanez junkie, you shouldn't limit yourself to one brand of guitar. Try the ones in your price range and remember that it's all about what feels best to you.
Quote by Dawnwalker
any Ibanez with humbuckers will do metal.
Buy the most expensive one you can afford, you can´t really go wrong with Ibanez.

Unless you get one of those ibbys built with shitty bridges, shitty pickups or shitty necks, ungodly skinny necks, or basswood, other than that, yeah, you cant go wrong.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?