BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
Pretty self explanatory. Keep it strictly hardcore (no Trivium, BFMV or Killswitch Engage crap)

For me, bass is Lion of Judah on Universal Peace and guitar is ****ed Up on Hidden World.
zezimathehero
pretentious wankstick
168 IQ
Donno if Shai Hulud counts, but if so, their guitar tone is pretty sick. If not, i do thoroughly enjoy Trap Them's tone on Seizures In Barren Praise and Lewd Acts tone on Black Eye Blues. I don't think i know enough about bass tones to know what my favorite one is.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
JxD
957 IQ
Guitar: Ampere on their split with Sinaloa, City of Caterpillar's s/t, Integrity's Those Who Fear Tomorrow, and Quicksand's Slip.
Bass: His Hero Is Gone on all of their albums but especially Monuments to Thieves, Integrity on the Walpurgisnacht EP, and Mental's discography.
NY_FootBall49
UG's White Ordell Robbie
1,105 IQ
Quote by zezimathehero
Donno if Shai Hulud counts, but if so, their guitar tone is pretty sick. If not, i do thoroughly enjoy Trap Them's tone on Seizures In Barren Praise and Lewd Acts tone on Black Eye Blues. I don't think i know enough about bass tones to know what my favorite one is.

Shai Hulud counts. If you say no then we can fight just kidding. But they have one of my favorite guitar tones I'd have to say Have Heart as well.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
MustangMan311
Cody
2,113 IQ
Blacklisted's guitar tone on Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God is incredible, IMO. Perfect blend of crunch and clarity. Trap Them's Seizures in Barren Praise has some godly production, as well.

Bass wise, I don't know, nor do I really care. I don't ever listen to the bass in hardcore music.
brutalmania
UG Member
282 IQ
i am yet to hear a good tone from a hardcore band lol

carpathian's tone isnt too bad though.

god forbid the tone of lionheartxxx

actually, the red shore used to sorta be hardcore and their tone is ****ing sex
Last edited by brutalmania at Nov 23, 2009,
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
Yeah, Black Eye Blues guitars rules. As well as Slip. Shai Hulud's guitars sound amazing on the reissue of Hearts Once Nourished.

If we were including screamo then I'd say Daitro on Y, by far the best guitar sound in 2009. But we're not

^ haha fuck, i cry when i listen to lionheartxxx's demo.
Last edited by BGSM at Nov 23, 2009,
thesceneislame
UG's man's man
1,255 IQ
shai hulud and reign supreme
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,530 IQ
Quote by brutalmania
the red shore used to sorta be hardcore and their tone is ****ing sex

lolwut

Their guitar tone is terrible. All mush, no definition.
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
Trap Them's tone in Seance Prime is so good.
Magrudergrind's tone on their new album is teh sex as well.
It's more indie than hardcore, but I feel like I should mention Screaming Females. Their guitarist has such an incredible tone and goddam she can play.
Doctor Matthews
UG Member
67 IQ
I'm going by albums here.

Guitars:
The Fall of Troy - everything off Doppelganger, but in general he can't get great tone.
Converge - Axe to Fall and No Heroes
Gallows - Orchestra of Wolves

I don't really notice interesting bass in -core genres, but I'll say Orchestra of Wolves.
MATTERHORN
to45t
133 IQ
i was really into the guitar sound on Carpathian's Nothing To Lose. Shai Hulud of course haha. and also As Blood Runs Black has a nice guitar tone, thats a bit more metal tho. Live couldnt har the guitars for crap. Not sure who was running the sound board but they deserved to sparta kicked.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
Mind Eraser - Conscious Unconscious

/thread
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
JxD
957 IQ
Quote by handbanana
Mind Eraser - Conscious Unconscious

/thread

Usually when someone claims a thread should end after their post pisses me off because 9 times out of 10 they've said something stupid, but I can really get behind this. The guitar and bass tone on that record rule.
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
+1 to Mind Eraser haha. Guitar especially sounds so good.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Converge's bass tone is incredible
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
)Eric(Draven
I been around a minute
916 IQ
Whoever said Capsule... the guitars sound good but kind of a dime a dozen, don't you think? The tone, that is.

That grimy shit really gets me, I love Fight Amp's tone, the Trap Them guitars and bass sounded awesome. But by far my favorite bass and guitar tones are Young Widows'. The bass tone fills in the space so well, I hardly ever feel like they need a second guitar player, and they don't double track guitars (I don't think... if they do feel free to correct me.) I'm pretty sure almost all of Old Wounds was recorded live, too. How chaotic that guitar sounds at the beginning of Almost Dead Beat. And how grimy and dark the riff at the beginning of The Charmer's sounds. Especially coming right out of Mirror****er. I love that band.
I play guitar