Ok, so between my cat burying its head in the blankets when I start practicing and my wife giving me that "seriously?!" look on her face, I was beginning to think I was going insane anyway, and then my 10 year old crap-tastic "Genesis" Canadian amp (all 10 watts of solid state glory that it is) starts talking to me... Really, really faintly, but I swear it is channeling someone's radio.

Is this some side effect of a cheap amp not being shielded or some such "scientific" stuff, or am I just off my meds? How the hell does my amp suddenly become a radio? Or should I go out an build a baseball field/rock concert arena?

Oh, and thanks in advance -- I already apologized in my "hello world, newb here" posting earlier today -- for the first of what is sure to be a long list of dumb*ss questions I have.

Best,
J.

Gear:
'00 Fender SRV Strat MIA
'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric (Mod. AEG20E - VV)
Fender Super-Champ XD Amp
Boss Loop Station Pedal
Hope, fear, confusion, no natural talent.
Na, a lot of amps do it. My Palomino used to do it all the time.

Admittedly, I would just leave it on and listen to it
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Move it away from that wall, preferably to a wall that doesn't have bunches of wires in it. My old Fender combo picked up RF signals when it was against a wall with bunches of wires.
it's a dead family member that wants to tell you something
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by stratman_13
Na, a lot of amps do it. My Palomino used to do it all the time.

Admittedly, I would just leave it on and listen to it

same here
get it away from the wall. man you should have seen my bud and me the first night it happened to me we were stoned out of our gourds and all of a sudden some trucker is talking about seat covers and shit and we are bugging out trying to hide the weed because my step dad is a truck driver and then we cut the amp off and it stopped and i realized my step dad was on a run to california. so we cut the amp back on and it starts again so me being the genius that i am only while i am high i proceed to call my friends cellphone and place his phone on the pickups to my guitar and after adjusting the knobs on the amp along with the tone knobs on the guitar it stopped the feedback so we used the amp to broadcast to the cbs in the trucks andwe had a good time talking to them all night. believe it or not it works try it next time it happens
It could be either pickups or amp. I built a 5 watt tube amp for a project this year in my electronics class. It would pick up radio stations so your definitely not crazy. In my case it was being picked up through the power supplies ground so i put a resistor on it and it stopped doing it. You probably couldn't do this with yours though.

Although i was really pissed off when i thought that i had somehow made a radio instead of an amp.
Quote by thabiggwiggle
get it away from the wall. man you should have seen my bud and me the first night it happened to me we were stoned out of our gourds and all of a sudden some trucker is talking about seat covers and shit and we are bugging out trying to hide the weed because my step dad is a truck driver and then we cut the amp off and it stopped and i realized my step dad was on a run to california. so we cut the amp back on and it starts again so me being the genius that i am only while i am high i proceed to call my friends cellphone and place his phone on the pickups to my guitar and after adjusting the knobs on the amp along with the tone knobs on the guitar it stopped the feedback so we used the amp to broadcast to the cbs in the trucks andwe had a good time talking to them all night. believe it or not it works try it next time it happens

So.....Much.....Run on............
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
pickups tend to pick up radio frequencies and play them sometimes. I get it with my wah on sometimes. Then I moved and radio doesn't even work here, so it's all good. If it's annoying and loud, then you should move away from metal objects and wires. they sort of egg on the radio signals.

Quote by thabiggwiggle

You, buddy, are so fucking faded right now.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Nov 24, 2009,
Quote by SinSyringe
yea move it elsewhere and sometimes its the pickups picking up nearby stuff which is fun to mess around with (except when whales mess you up in your underwater recording studio)

lol @ reference

I wish my amp did this.
Quote by thabiggwiggle
so we used the amp to broadcast to the cbs in the trucks andwe had a good time talking to them all night. believe it or not it works try it next time it happens

Not possible. The amp isn't designed to produce radio waves, and your cellphone broadcasts a digital signal, CB radios are analog, they also operate at different frequencies.

Oh wait, I get it. LOLTROLLED. *facepalm*
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2